By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half-Assed Wii U Multi-Plats NEED TO STOP!

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
Love the PRemium Rush sig!

This is the same thing that was said for years on the Wii. It will never end. But I wish as well/.

If Nintendo creates competitive hardware, they'll pique the attention of third parties. That will help core gamers who want to stick with Nintendo not have to look anywhere else for their third party fix.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:

This is the same thing that was said for years on the Wii. It will never end. But I wish as well/.

If Nintendo creates competitive hardware, they'll pique the attention of third parties. That will help core gamers who want to stick with Nintendo not have to look anywhere else for their third party fix.

Gamecube was competitive hardware, still missed out on tons of third party games.

snyps said:
Cobretti2 said:
snyps said:
half assed is a myth. Multiplats have better graphics on wiiu. This techusa guy is the dumbest.

DId you watch the video? It is not so much about gfx but the missing content and wanting people to pay full price when a better version of the game is avialable on steam for 1/4 of that.

I realy don't wanna watch it...  If he's so industry savy why can't he record him self or the things he talks about.  I heard the talk about sniper elite not getting the same content.  But the other muktiplats I know about do have the same content if not more.  I really don't want to watch the whole thing.  Could yu list the games he's complaining about missing content.  And not dlc cuz that's not what you pay for when you buy a game.  Thanks I advance.

The summary:

- Missing content
- Stripped out online multiplayer
- Charging full price for late ports (as in older than a year) when same game costs 25% on other systems with more content and features

zumnupy10 said:
curl-6 said:
Like the PS3 for the first half of it's life, and to a degree to this today, Wii U is getting lumped with crappy ports because devs aren't putting in the effort of optimizing for it.

99% of the ports are inferior to the original version.  

Asking for ports to be as good or better than the original game is almost contradictory imo.

99%, no. That would require there to be 200 ports,  which there aren't.
How's it contradictory? Trine 2 and Need for Speed did it.

Couldn't agree more. Publishers really are that stupid.

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Talal said:
KungKras said:
I'll say here what I commented on the video:

I feel sorry for the naivety of the guy in the video. He still thinks the CEO's and the engineers in those companies are just that stupid.

He doesn't realize that it's not about testing the waters. It's about giving investors an excuse to never have to develop for Nintendo again.

What's the motive?

A 'pure' industry dominated by big corporations that suits third parties needs and industrial vision for gaming.

So Nintendo doesn't suit 3rd parties needs?

Porcupine_I said:
Xen said:
Heheh, I saw this video just earlier today and thought of posting it.
Aside from that video, ReviewTechUSA knows his shit. I recommend watching his stuff.

wasn't he the guy who claimed that all Wii U games would be 1080p and 60fps?

I've been subbed to Rich for over a year and I've never heard him say that. I may have missed it though.

Gamescan co 1080p and 60 frames per second such as Mario Kart 8 and other of Nintendo's upcoming games, it's just developers aren't optimizing the Nintendo Wii U's capability. So he is right if they try.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:

Gamecube was competitive hardware, still missed out on tons of third party games.

True, but it still probably had the best third party support of any Nintendo console post-SNES

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:

and a f***k great one btw

Click HERE and be happy