By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Half-Assed Wii U Multi-Plats NEED TO STOP!

Tagged games:

Areal-Llort said:
Last I checked, people usually get Nintendo systems just to play their awesome 1st and 2nd Party games.. like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and all that jazz. Oh, and of course their 3rd Party exclusives, Sonic: Lost World for example.

I would never buy a multi-plat game on the Wii U, they just don't sell well compared to Microsoft and Sony's systems. Even if they did somewhat sell well, most of your friends probably will own the games for Xbox or Playstation consoles anyways.

Frankly, I don't care which console my friends buy games for, I'll buy the one that suits me best.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Well VGC has numbers higher than the actual shipments of some of those.  I believe that is called overtracking?

Ok, care to provide up-to-date shipping numbers for those 7 games?

KylieDog said:
curl-6 said:
KylieDog said:

Well VGC has numbers higher than the actual shipments of some of those.  I believe that is called overtracking?

Ok, care to provide up-to-date shipping numbers for those 7 games?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Those are capcom.

1.9m for both MH4 and RE4 instead of 2m/2.1m is hardly a big difference, still strong sales. RE4 only sold slightly higher on PS2, which has a 150m install base.

I agree, Wii U is a much more powerful system then the PS3/360, but devs aren't taking advantage of the platform. I understand some launch WiiU games like Batman, Assassin's Creed III, and Mass Effect not lookin much better then PS3/360 counter parts, they could have been rushed, but at this point it needs to stop.

I want to see Assassin's Creeed IV for WiiU compared to the PS4/One version, not the PS3/360 version. I want Arkham Origins to look noticably better on WiiU then PS3/360.

When devs do this, we will see WiiU software sales grow for 3rd party devs.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

KylieDog said:
curl-6 said:
KylieDog said:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Those are capcom.

1.9m for both MH4 and RE4 instead of 2m/2.1m is hardly a big difference, still strong sales. RE4 only sold slightly higher on PS2, which has a 150m install base.

Og course the fact you can still by these in stores mean there are none of shelves, right?  The overtracking is more than just the difference between VGC and those numbers.  RE4 was a budget price release, not a good example anyway.  A handful of games isn't a good example either, for an entire gen.

There are 105 third party million sellers on Wii. That alone shows claims they can't sell are nonsense.

Around the Network

curl-6 said:
KylieDog said:

Og course the fact you can still by these in stores mean there are none of shelves, right?  The overtracking is more than just the difference between VGC and those numbers.  RE4 was a budget price release, not a good example anyway.  A handful of games isn't a good example either, for an entire gen.

There are 105 third party million sellers on Wii. That alone shows claims they can't sell are nonsense.

From what I can tell, there's only 100, but whatever the number, the context is more important.

On the Wii, those 100 third-party titles make up ~71% of million sellers, but only ~46% of the total sales for that category (not counting Wii Sports/Resort).

On the 360, by contrast, 145 third-party titles make up ~81% of million sellers, and ~76% of the total sales for that category (not counting Kinect Adventures).

So, the 360 has around 50% more million-sellers, who have a 50% greater share of sales.  When it comes to the PS3, the ratio is even more favorable.

So yes, third-party Wii games could sell, but far fewer did so, and far less successfully, than on other systems. 
That certainly doesn't invalidate your point, since they did, in fact, have strong sellers, but even the standouts aren't that outstanding in the greater market landscape.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

KylieDog said:
curl-6 said:

Lets look at the top 20.

1. Just Dance 3
2. Just Dance 2
3. Just Dance
4. Just Dance 4
5. Zumba Fitness
6. Lego Star Wars
7. Micheal Jackson THe Experience
8. Carnival Games
9. EA Sports Active
10. Guitar Hero World Tour
11. Mario and Sonic Olympics
12. Disney Epic Mickey
13. Cooking Mama Cook Off
14. Lego Batman
15. Zumba Fitness 2
16. Sonic and the Secret Rings
17. Skylanders Spryo Adventure
18. Deca Sports
19. Game Party
20. uDraw Studio

So,
5 Dancing games
3 Fitness games
4 mini game collections (and one features Mario...)
2 Lego games
2 platformers
1 Music game
1 Cooking game
1 Toy collecting
1 drawing game.

Well, from third parties WiiU has at least one of, if not more of:
A dancing game
A fitness game
Minigame collections
A lego game
Platformers
Toy Collecting
Drawing game

No music game (to be fair the genre died from overmilking, nobody is getting another Guitar Hero), no cooking game, though I'm sure this is a matter of time.

Seems to me third parties are looking at what sold best on Wii, like you, and releasing the same games for WiiU.  Most of the games on WiiU are in fact the same series as was on Wii.  WiiU is HD now and games need bigger budgets, so naturally the top sellers are the best to look at.

They're still third party games that sold well, and they don't invalidate the existence of successful traditional games like Sonic Secret Rings/Colours/Unleashed, Epic Mickey, Goldeneye 007, Resident Evil 4, Monster Hunter Tri, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, COD 3/W@W/MW/BO. These kind of games can succeed on Nintendo systems. The move to HD might mean games are more expensive, but for the moment it also means multiplats can be more easily and cheaply ported to Wii U than they could to Wii.

KylieDog said:
curl-6 said:

They're still third party games that sold well, and they don't invalidate the existence of successful traditional games like Sonic Secret Rings/Colours/Unleashed, Epic Mickey, Goldeneye 007, Resident Evil 4, Monster Hunter Tri, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, COD 3/W@W/MW/BO. These kind of games can succeed on Nintendo systems. The move to HD might mean games are more expensive, but for the moment it also means multiplats can be more easily and cheaply ported to Wii U than they could to Wii.

From your list there WiiU has got or is getting:

Sonic
Epic Mickey
James Bond 007
Resident Evil
Monster Hunter
CoD

Is has got them all, what is your complaint?

My complaint is that many multiplats are late and/or poor quality on Wii U.

I'm late to the conversation, but I would like to give my two cents regarding third parties and the Wii U.

I think the problem with third party games on Nintendo systems is not that the gamers who buy Nintendo platforms aren't interested in these titles, but that Nintendo consoles have become a second console for all but the most inner circle of Nintendo fans. I love Nintendo, I will always buy their systems, but I know that I'm going to miss out on a whole lot of content if I only own a Nintendo console. Now there is a problem with having a Nintendo console and one of the other two. Multiplats on a Nintendo console are never going to look as good as their other systems crisper versions. Since I have both, what is my incentive to buy the Wii U version? Is having my inventory on the bottom screen worth missing out on 60fps 1080p with better textures and a bigger online community? Probably not. The nature of Nintendo consoles is that they are there for exclusives, and unless Nintendo releases a console that is on par with it's counterparts in power and online capabilities, it's going to stay that way. Now when the few multiplats hit Wii U, I will have a PS4 that will play those games better, have bigger online communities, and they will be the same price. So unless you are the type of person who only owns Nintendo consoles (which is becoming a rare breed these days), you are not going to buy a Wii U multiplat.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
spurgeonryan said:
Love the PRemium Rush sig!

This is the same thing that was said for years on the Wii. It will never end. But I wish as well/.

If Nintendo creates competitive hardware, they'll pique the attention of third parties. That will help core gamers who want to stick with Nintendo not have to look anywhere else for their third party fix.

Gamecube was competitive hardware, still missed out on tons of third party games.

We've spoken about this before, the capacity of Gamecubes discs weren't that of DVD's. A very similar reason why the Nintendo was overlooked by third party. Graphics wasn't everything, but rather the capacity and full use of the discs.