By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dragon Quest X announced for PC.

Tagged games:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/22035454.html

Famitsu confirms that Square Enix just announced a Windows version of the Dragon Quest MMO on the livestream.

(Thanks, NeoGAF!: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600291)

Update:

Dragon Quest X is coming to PC in Japan, Square Enix announced today during a livestream event. The PC version is slated for release on September 26th.

The download version of the game will cost 3,990 yen on PC, and will come with a free trial for 20 days. Meanwhile, a Special Pack that will include a Dragon Quest-themed security token, a controller an illustration book, a world map and an item code, will cost 9,800 yen.

A beta for the PC version is also currently in progress. You can access this by downloading the benchmark for the game here. Should your system pass, you’ll be able to download the game client and apply for the beta.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/22/dragon-quest-x-coming-to-pc-this-september/

Around the Network

Just report the OP if this is a dupe, haven't seen it posted anywhere.

Thoughts? Still no news on a localisation, sadly. Between this staying in Japan for the time being and still no news on PSO2's localisation, it's quite a disappointing time.

Given that FF XIV is PS3/4/PC and even PSO2 is Vita/PC, it makes sense that Dragon Quest has made the leap across. PC is just where the market (mostly) is, and it seems silly to ignore it.

Still, I am quite surprised to see this announced so soon.

hope it lands on the PS4

Huh, that's a weird choice!

Then again, the PC as a gaming platform is in a weird place today. I think I actually like this bit of news.

Man, I was hoping for localization but I guess that's even less of a chance now. Maybe, just maybe the PC version will come, or Nintendo will pay for translation and NA/EU servers or something (... yeah I know)

Well I'll just have to wait for Dragon Quest VII 3DS localization then Dragon Quest XI (which hopefully will be a full game and on 3DS like IX was on DS - but better I hope)

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Huh, that's a weird choice!

Then again, the PC as a gaming platform is in a weird place today. I think I actually like this bit of news.

Seems like a logical choice to me...

Oh. But this is Square-Enix. Yeah, that is weird.

1. DQX never should have been a MMO game.

2. Given that it is, they're NEVER going to make money on it by having it be Japan only. Japan is not a good market for online gaming in general. If they want it to make money, they MIGHT want to get a localized version for Wii U in NA and EU. Just a thought.

As an MMO this is where it should have been in the first place.

If it were single player the Wii/WiiU decision would make some sense. Console exclusive MMOs only end up in one place.

next stop: mobile

thats great an all but its still an MMO =/, Dragon Quest is fun because it is single player.