By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz: PS4 Outselling Xbone at 5:3 in US

ethomaz said:
Azerth said:
so 2 questions
1) what is considered a good launch number in general?
2) what do you guys consider to be a good launch for both the x1 and the ps4?

Only US.

PS2 sold 2700k in first year * I don't know if shipped or sold
Wii sold 1075k in first year
Wii U sold 935k in first year
PS3 sold 670k in first year
360 sold 565k in first year

* first year ~2 months *

Anything close to 1 million is a good launch but that not means success... see the Wii U example... it had a really good launch but...

So looking at those launch figures, and taking into account the fact that another system comes out in the same time, you believe the PS4 will sell more than 2.7mil, disregarding Sony's press release?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Conegamer said:

So looking at those launch figures, and taking into account the fact that another system comes out in the same time, you believe the PS4 will sell more than 2.7mil, disregarding Sony's press release?

I believe? No... Jack Treton said that

ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

I believe? No... Jack Treton said that

So you don't think it will do it? Glad to have cleared that one up

It's going to be interesting what MS backtracking will do to the pre-order number. I expect the Xone to be in the lead in a couple of weeks in the U.S. A major retailer here in The Netherlands announced yesterday that the PS4 was outpacing the Xbox One 3:1.

I don't believe in those numbers. I believe it's more like 4:1 PS4 versus Xbone in the USA and 8:1 in the rest of world.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
I don't believe in those numbers. I believe it's more like 4:1 PS4 versus Xbone in the USA and 8:1 in the rest of world.

Source, or just an assumption? Seems a bit high to me.

Guys, this is only the USA which is XBox territory. Numbers are far worse in other markets.

Conegamer said:
Slimebeast said:

Assumption.

All right, how about 3:1 in USA and 6:1 in rest of world?

ethomaz said:

There are a rumor at reedit that Gamestop won't get more preorder for both PS4 and Xbone after this Friday.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1grvw8/to_everyone_who_plans_to_preorder_from_gamestop/

Anybody knows anything about?

When it's about gamestop we do this:

Calling benvtrigger.. Calling benvtrigger..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Slimebeast said:
Conegamer said:
Slimebeast said:

Assumption.

All right, how about 3:1 in USA and 6:1 in rest of world?

Like someone else said there's a 'major' retailer in the Netherlands who said that pre-orders are 3:1 in favor of PS4. These numbers are exactly like the difference in the past few years between 360 and ps3 according to the guy.

So nothing much has changed over here.