By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz: PS4 Outselling Xbone at 5:3 in US

ironmanDX said:

Why?

If theses numbers are real MS wouldn't have droped the DRM and always online.

Most Gamestop rumos says the difference over 3:1 and the Amazon preorder ranking is almost ten positions better for PS4. Walmart can make all that difference? I don't know.

Around the Network
HesAPooka said:
ethomaz said:
I think the difference is way high than that....

If we're looking at world wide numbers I'd assume its more like 5:1.

I meant US only.

People who preordered XB1 already: True Xbox dedicated
People who preordered PS4 already: True Playstation dedicated + People on anti-DRM/Kinected train

While the removal of DRM will add some of those frustrated back to the XB1, the $100 price difference could hurt the XB1 in the long run with the general consumer, whose preorders will flow in greater numbers as launch approaches. While the DRM issue will fade from general consciousness within the next months, the challenge for XB1 is to prove its features and exclusives truly make it, to the masses, worth the $100 premium over PS4.

In other words it's still anybody's game. It will be all about announcing software and marketing to the public in the coming months.

ethomaz said:
HesAPooka said:
ethomaz said:
I think the difference is way high than that....

If we're looking at world wide numbers I'd assume its more like 5:1.

I meant US only.

I agree, but I was making a safe guess.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Machinima posted that video days ago... of course no concrete data.

Around the Network

There are a rumor at reedit that Gamestop won't get more preorder for both PS4 and Xbone after this Friday.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1grvw8/to_everyone_who_plans_to_preorder_from_gamestop/

Anybody knows anything about?

Seems kinda low. I mean considering Sony raised internal projections, and MS removed DRM for 75k vs. 45k? Hmmmmm.

Sounds about right. Expect the gap to shrink and both to end up around 300k now, though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Sounds about right. Expect the gap to shrink and both to end up around 300k now, though.

It is too low for "Sony plans on selling more Playstation 4s this holiday season than any of the Playstation generations."

Glad to see Dead Rising 3 in the #2 spot. Forza 5 should have good legs. Also Infamous Second Son should be in top ten for PS4.