By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz: PS4 Outselling Xbone at 5:3 in US

ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
Sounds about right. Expect the gap to shrink and both to end up around 300k now, though.

It is too low for "Sony plans on selling more Playstation 4s this holiday season than any of the Playstation generations."

So? That is their plan, doesn't mean they'll hit it. The Xbone will likely have a stronger US launch,but the PS4 better elsewhere. And 300k preorders would I say leave FW sales around 400k in America. That is damn good.

In addition, it's depressing to see the most hyped game is Battlefield. Knack and Drive Club are too low, for example.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

so 2 questions
1) what is considered a good launch number in general?
2) what do you guys consider to be a good launch for both the x1 and the ps4?

Didn't these launch day bundles sell out in the first day? You telling me there were only 75k up for grabs or am I missing something here?

Conegamer said:

So? That is their plan, doesn't mean they'll hit it. The Xbone will likely have a stronger US launch,but the PS4 better elsewhere. And 300k preorders would I say leave FW sales around 400k in America. That is damn good.

In addition, it's depressing to see the most hyped game is Battlefield. Knack and Drive Club are too low, for example.

That the plan after Sony raised the projections for PS4 after E3 because the high preorders.

lol I make confusing... I was thinking you talkin about sales and not preorders lol... now makes sense.

To have the best launch for a PlayStation console in the history PS4 needs in US sell more than 2.7 million in 2013.

ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
Sounds about right. Expect the gap to shrink and both to end up around 300k now, though.

It is too low for "Sony plans on selling more Playstation 4s this holiday season than any of the Playstation generations."

Around the Network

Well those are good numbers Overall for both. We are still monts away before Launch. Plus this are only preorders.

PS4 will be big this Holiday as US is Sonys weakest market.

ironmanDX said:
wick said:
I honestly thought it would have been worse.

I wonder how big a difference the Microsoft backtrack will make.

I agree. It's only 30k difference at this stage with all the most core and knowledgeable gamers that hated DRM that pre-ordered. The gap could have been much worse. The Xbox will have the US.

Unlikely, this time around we'll probably see the PS4 and Xbox One neck and neck in the US, which I'm personally okay with as a Sony fan, considering Sony will out-preform Microsoft World Wide.

Honestly, Microsoft needs to dominate in the US just to make up for WW sales, and I just don't see that happening as they may actually have a struggle to even stay neck and neck with Sony this gen. I'm curious to see how everything pans out in the coming year. 

ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

That the plan after Sony raised the projections for PS4 after E3 because the high preorders.

lol I make confusing... I was thinking you talkin about sales and not preorders lol... now makes sense.

To have the best launch for a PlayStation console in the history PS4 needs in US sell more than 2.7 million in 2013.

I think that will be almost impossible with another system launching at the same time, sadly. 

Azerth said:
so 2 questions
1) what is considered a good launch number in general?
2) what do you guys consider to be a good launch for both the x1 and the ps4?

Only US.

PS2 sold 2700k in first year * I don't know if shipped or sold
Wii sold 1075k in first year
Wii U sold 935k in first year
PS3 sold 670k in first year
360 sold 565k in first year

* first year ~2 months *

Anything close to 1 million is a good launch but that not means success... see the Wii U example... it had a really good launch but...

It is sick. I don't understand why people in the states put more pre-orders on BF4, an multi-platform game on both X1 and PS4 than their exclusive titles.

Come on American, you want to have more exclusives, and now you choose to order BF4. Ridiculous.