By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz: PS4 Outselling Xbone at 5:3 in US

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:
Sounds about right. Expect the gap to shrink and both to end up around 300k now, though.

It is too low for "Sony plans on selling more Playstation 4s this holiday season than any of the Playstation generations."

So? That is their plan, doesn't mean they'll hit it. The Xbone will likely have a stronger US launch,but the PS4 better elsewhere. And 300k preorders would I say leave FW sales around 400k in America. That is damn good.

In addition, it's depressing to see the most hyped game is Battlefield. Knack and Drive Club are too low, for example.

I have to agree with you in this.

I want Knack and The witness to succeed.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

People are really forgetting that US users still have their Xbox Live accounts. Transferring them to the next generation along with their download history is a big deal. Not to mention Microsoft's great E3 lineup.

Also, it's an American product :P

- That would be a major selling point for Xbone or PS4.  But almost nothing that was bought in XBL or PSN can be transferred from PS360 to Xbone/PS4

-  Both Sony and Nintendo have defeated MS in the US before.   Western Markets aren't really locked to anyone unlike Japan.

BaldrSkies said:
People who preordered XB1 already: True Xbox dedicated
People who preordered PS4 already: True Playstation dedicated + People on anti-DRM/Kinected train

While the removal of DRM will add some of those frustrated back to the XB1, the $100 price difference could hurt the XB1 in the long run with the general consumer, whose preorders will flow in greater numbers as launch approaches. While the DRM issue will fade from general consciousness within the next months, the challenge for XB1 is to prove its features and exclusives truly make it, to the masses, worth the $100 premium over PS4.

In other words it's still anybody's game. It will be all about announcing software and marketing to the public in the coming months.

Totally Agreed. I think in terms of Marketing Sony has done some creative things over the past few years. 
Though also I think Microsoft spends more and has more of an impact with advertisements in the U.S.

HesAPooka said:
ethomaz said:
I think the difference is way high than that....

If we're looking at world wide numbers I'd assume its more like 5:1.

Seems more or less likely...but with the "U-turn", thanks to all of that gamers' outrage and thus all should be expectedly fine now. Attitude towards gamers  matters the most. Sony managed it this time with PS4 right from the reveal. Now the article in the below link still bothers me.

http://www.subtenko.com/2013/06/microsoft-fooled-you-all-with-xbox-one/#.UcRMhNhc3hQ

Considering the PR backlash, those numbers actually look bad for PS4 :P

Post reversal and when marketing kicks in for X1.......lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Azerth said:
so 2 questions
1) what is considered a good launch number in general?
2) what do you guys consider to be a good launch for both the x1 and the ps4?

Only US.

PS2 sold 2700k in first year * I don't know if shipped or sold
Wii sold 1075k in first year
Wii U sold 935k in first year
PS3 sold 670k in first year
360 sold 565k in first year

* first year ~2 months *

Anything close to 1 million is a good launch but that not means success... see the Wii U example... it had a really good launch but...

I don't expect there to be the same droughts that the WiiU dealt with, though, and people aren't going to be confused as to whether or not these are new systems. I'm sure both will fare much better post-Christmas than the WiiU did.

Looking at the software, a much bigger problem is that 7 of those games in the top 10 are cross-gen. Especially in the PS4's case, because they revealed Knack, Driveclub and Killzone way back in February. Not that Xbox having 4 exclusives on the list instead of three is much better, but at least they have more E3 representation. Meanwhile, big hyped up games like Destiny (also revealed in February) and Titanfall aren't on the list at all.

This is playing into my fear that the DRM and ownership issues were much bigger stories coming out of E3 than the actual games were. 

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Amazon PR seems to work against these low VGChartz numbers...

"Last week, the Amazon Video Games store made history with its biggest pre-order week ever thanks to the launch of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. In fact, at the peak of demand last week, Amazon customers were pre-ordering more than 2,500 Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles per minute. In addition: · The E3 week pre-orders of the two wildly-anticipated gaming consoles brought a year-over-year increase in orders of more than 4,000%, compared to consoles ordered during E3 week last year · Day-one pre-orders for the two consoles was nearly two times that of all video games sales on Black Friday last year (2012)"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=163203

With that I expect 100k preorders only from Amazon lol.

People weren't impressed with COD's lackluster showing for next gen consoles. Battlefield 4 will finally be the true experience on these consoles. I'm glad the superior shooter may actually win.

Slimebeast said:
weaveworld said:
Slimebeast said:
Conegamer said:
Slimebeast said:
I don't believe in those numbers. I believe it's more like 4:1 PS4 versus Xbone in the USA and 8:1 in the rest of world.

Source, or just an assumption? Seems a bit high to me.

Assumption.

All right, how about 3:1 in USA and 6:1 in rest of world?

Like someone else said there's a 'major' retailer in the Netherlands who said that pre-orders are 3:1 in favor of PS4. These numbers are exactly like the difference in the past few years between 360 and ps3 according to the guy.

So nothing much has changed over here.

That defies all logic though with all the backlash we've witnessed. Therefore I don't believe. I believe more like 4:1 in Europe and 10:1 elsewhere.

http://www.nu.nl/tech/3506178/playstation-4-driemaal-zoveel-voorbesteld-als-xbox-one.html

He is like i said talking about the Netherlands. Why would he lie about this.

Maybe the Dutch don't care about DRM, who knows.

AnthonyW86 said:
Driveclub is in the top 10 pre-ordered games while it is going to be free with PS Plus? Alot of people getting screwed then.

Not the complete game its more like a enhanced demo its going to be a long time before PS Plus gives out full retail games it might never happen they are probably going to stick with enhanced demos and indie games as PS Plus free games.