By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Heartbroken Xbox One employee lets rip.

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:

When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game.

So that's what the family share plan was supposed to be? A 15-45 minute demo? Bwahahaahahahahhaahahahaahahha!!!!!!

Wasn't Sony planning to offer an hour-long demo of every game to everyone?

Hilarious, I guess we can now put all of that to rest.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

it's not to believe because the whole posts smells like a "let's write a post where i can destroy the only thing people really liked and look like i am an microsoft employee so that everyone believes me"

the whole rest of the post is just to make it more believable.

It's entirely possible that it's not legit. It also sounds very much like the kind of stuff that Microtologists ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

I think my favorite part is where they went to bat to keep Gears of War exclusive "for the gamers".

I only wish we would have spent more time explaining to you how you no longer own any of your games and how we could tell you exactly what to do with them.

If only we had put a strawberry on the tip of the knife so it wouldve looked better. Sigh oh well so much for our brilliant "revolutionary" ideas.

Kantor said:
I felt bad for him at the start of the post, but now I think he's kind of a condescending and arrogant douche.

I feel exactly the same way, and the more i'm hearing, the less likely I am to buy the console.  

I didn't 'know', but I was pretty sure Microsoft wouldn't be dumb enough to enforce the DRM and used game policies, especially not considering Nintendo and Sony have come straight out and said it's the same as last gen.  However, even with that obstacle toppled, I don't really want to support a company that so clearly planned on screwing  us all over.  In the end, they won't be, and that's great, but they wanted to, and insider information like this just makes me think that even when they were trying to be good and generous, they were still being despicable and slimy.  I cannot - nay, will not - support a company that thinks so little of its customers.  

Especially not at that price.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

well that guy at least is putting things in clearer words....

from what I've read lately I'm pleased that most of the vision is not lost just the rules of engagement and since it seems to please the masses good for them and good for us..... things are looking like they didn't change that much for me after all... still buying it, still using DD only and all the entertainment goodies they'll throw at me and find useful....

now November can't come faster I want to see how it fares in my living room....

but first Build conference next week and then eurogamer expo TGS and hopefully more info coming and vidz coming to make it more exciting

Around the Network

Seems like a master troll. Its fake in my opinion.

badgenome said:
crissindahouse said:

it's not to believe because the whole posts smells like a "let's write a post where i can destroy the only thing people really liked and look like i am an microsoft employee so that everyone believes me"

the whole rest of the post is just to make it more believable.

It's entirely possible that it's not legit. It also sounds very much like the kind of stuff that Microtologists ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

I think my favorite part is where they went to bat to keep Gears of War exclusive "for the gamers".

i would say the chance he is not one of the team is much higher just thinking about the amount of people who probably worked on the project and the amount of people on the internet who try to make fun about any of the three console manufacturers. 

but if he is one of the team he was at least not as stupid as adam orth or what his name was lol

Again, this is a fake pastebin post.

And here are the benefits to the gamer and publisher.
things like game sharing, real game sharing which they have explained that you could play the FULL game, keeping game prices low, a hub to buy and sell digital licenses, etc.

http://gizmodo.com/cheaper-games-my-ass-sorry-but-you-are-naive-if-you-th-514436029

Short sighted people always ruin things for the rest of us.

I have stated this in another topic, but it was simply to soon. As long as discs are still the main way of distributing games and internet isn't available to everyone 24/7 around the world at good speeds this is not going to work.

real or not the option is gone.... as long as it's not getting backward further with the new option for DD I'm fine....