By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Heartbroken Xbox One employee lets rip.

Tagged games:

badgenome said:

There was never any catch to that, they didn’t have to share the same billing address or physical address it could be anyone. When your family member accesses any of your games, they’re placed into a special demo mode. This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour.

LMAO.

Yeah, this shit was wack. They didn't have a vision of teh feutuerz other than you never owning your games again.

As we suspected, there WAS a catch. Family share isn't all what it was crunked out to be.

Dear Heartbroken MS employee,

I understand your position, but all is not lost.

Your family share initive can still work by requiring the console to be online to use JUST THIS FEATURE in particular. Please do not despair and implement it. Those who will go out to rent will rent. Those who will purchase will purchase. Those who will borrow will borrow. And add family share to options for icing.

Around the Network

I stopped when it got to the point that used gaming was killing anything.

Such idiocy.

Jadedx said:
Again, this is a fake pastebin post.

And here are the benefits to the gamer and publisher.
things like game sharing, real game sharing which they have explained that you could play the FULL game, keeping game prices low, a hub to buy and sell digital licenses, etc.

http://gizmodo.com/cheaper-games-my-ass-sorry-but-you-are-naive-if-you-th-514436029

Short sighted people always ruin things for the rest of us.

they could have done that without the horrible DRM restrictions. Maybe we are not short sighted

The Family Sharing feature was a big bullshit marketing like well Cloud after all IMO.

Well its not like they really clarified what family sharing entailed in the first place/tons of confusion. So technically this post, if real would support there statements.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
I stopped when it got to the point that used gaming was killing anything.

Such idiocy.

LOL if you think used game sales is not killing gaming, there have been multiple articles saying this for years.

I know you are going to  compare it stuff like used movies, music, and cars so let me poke holes in that before you even bring it up.

These are the ways creators make money off of their products.

Movies  =  4 streams of revenue: Theater, digital rentals, dvd sales, tv syndication.

Music =  3  streams of revenue: Radio, concerts, music streaming sites.

Cars = different model,  much higher profit margin much longer length of ownership.

Games = 2  streams of revenue first sale (dd or disc), dlc, and not everyone who gets the disc buys dlc.

Another thing of note is that movies and music don't have stores like gamestop pushing used sales.

Those "family sharing" features sound horrible, but before I lose my shit, how do we know that this post is legit?

oniyide said:
Jadedx said:
Again, this is a fake pastebin post.

And here are the benefits to the gamer and publisher.
things like game sharing, real game sharing which they have explained that you could play the FULL game, keeping game prices low, a hub to buy and sell digital licenses, etc.

http://gizmodo.com/cheaper-games-my-ass-sorry-but-you-are-naive-if-you-th-514436029

Short sighted people always ruin things for the rest of us.

they could have done that without the horrible DRM restrictions. Maybe we are not short sighted

And how exactly would the prevent game share exploitation without DRM?  Seriously, tell me. How could we get steam like prices on a CONSISTANT basis without restrictions to used games?

*delete

That is perfectly fine Microsoft employee. You can still get that system im sure. Get a custom made one just for yourself.

But, dont think for a moment anyone is gonna feel sorry for you if you just want to force people who dont want it to get it. A product obeys the rules of the market, its not a science project for your teacher. If consumers dont want it, you are doing it wrong.