By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Gran Turismo Dominate Mario Kart Wii sales?

Gran Turismo 4 million(end of sales)

Mario Kart Wii   7 million(end of sales)

Will Gran Turismo Dominate Mario Kart Wii sales?

NO !!! 

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Around the Network

Both seem kinda low to me.

Why so many threads ? :)

Answer: No, Mario kart will sell more (and Brawl, Galaxy, Wii fit too)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Of course not!!!

GT -------4-5 million

Mario Kart Wii----- 10 million at least.....

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

I think they will both sell incredibly well, but MK will do 50% more. In fact, it's the only game in the near future that I see keeping up with Brawl.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

It'll be interesting. Past GT installments have largely dominated other racers, most hitting or exceeding 10 million. MK64 hit 8.5, Double Dash didn't even top 4. Of course, the Cube and N64 never had the sort of momentum the Wii does, and the PS3 is facing stiffer competition than the PS1 and PS2 did. Part of it will depend on how well the WiiWheel works and how well MK's online works.

Push comes to shove, I think GT5 has a really die hard fanbase that will keep it's numbers from dropping too much below 8m, while I think MK's ceiling is a little higher than that. So unles everything breaks just right for MK, I'd say GT5 wins.

MKwii will sell more
Mario kart has a bigger attach rate

Hmm, no. Mario Kart will do at least 12 million, GT 5 might do as much as 9-10 million lifetime though, its hugely popular as a racer!

I dunno, Mario Kart has that plastic wheel for casuals & online for hardcore...

Mario Kart Wii will outsell Gran Turismo 5 by up to 6 million copies.   BTW you need to change GT4 to GT5, GT4 came out on the PS2!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.