By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Gran Turismo Dominate Mario Kart Wii sales?

I'm not sure, but I think GT5 will sell more.

Around the Network

^y? cause u "think"? Wii has a install base more than double that of Ps3's and MK has a higher attach ratio than GT so everything points to MK winning

So you guys are gonna do to GT and MK what you did to Metroid and Halo? Or Galaxy and Ratchet?

We are talking about a Kart racer and a Sim racer here. So different it isnt even funny. I guess when Tekken releases it will be Tekken sales vs Brawl?

GT5 will sell at least 7 million LTD. MKWii will sell a min of 10 million

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Gran Turismo 5

Ynwa.

Around the Network
Xyrax said:
So you guys are gonna do to GT and MK what you did to Metroid and Halo? Or Galaxy and Ratchet?

We are talking about a Kart racer and a Sim racer here. So different it isnt even funny. I guess when Tekken releases it will be Tekken sales vs Brawl?

Oh god please don't give them some ideas =p.

I bet Leo-J would make that thread and say Tekken 6 will sell more because...uhm...I don't know a reason but I bet Leo-J will find a idiot reason...

Mario Kart Wii 15 million
GT5 5 million
MKWii>>>>>>>>GT5

I think Mario Kart Wii is going to break records. Nintendo hasn't had a console this popular since the NES and MK is its best selling series... even mediocre party games have been huge and a great series like this will easily outsell even Brawl. Its hard to say, but I would give lifetime sales as about 13 million.

GT5 should do very well also, and may be just what some people need in order to buy a PS3.. It will probably get around 6 million.

wiiforever said:
^y? cause u "think"? Wii has a install base more than double that of Ps3's and MK has a higher attach ratio than GT so everything points to MK winning

You never know. No need to be so insulted by another person's opinion, anyways. Lol.

konnichiwa said:
Xyrax said:

Oh god please don't give them some ideas =p.

I bet Leo-J would make that thread and say Tekken 6 will sell more because...uhm...I don't know a reason but I bet Leo-J will find a idiot reason...

Speaking of Leo-J, where is he? Isn't his ban over?