By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza and Gran Turismo are boring games that sell because of visuals.

A sad but true fact. Unless you're obsessed with every polygon fit into these cars, I'm not sure how you can enjoy playing games like Forza and Gran Turismo. They are very boring to play and only sell great because of the impressive visuals. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

The graphics are mostly a lie aswell cause they are from replays. Who watches replays constantly? You just see the game inside the car or behind the car most of the time.

See now I think they sell because of car fanatics who want to get as close as possible to the feel of driving a bunch of cars they'll likely never afford. If I were really into cars I'd probably think it was important how the games simulate the wear and tear of tires or how much each engine sounds a bit different. But I'm not that much into cars so I don't, but I guess enough people are that these games sell well.

No they sell because of they're realistic driving mechanics. Some people find that fun some just don't.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Lol. Visuals are part of it. But not the whole story. I played gt 5 more than any game this gen. It wasn't because I like the way it looked

Around the Network

Well I have fun playing them soooo.....

But no people aren't buying them for the visuals. If that were the case, then Forza wouldn't sell millions every 2 years (Forza 2 didn't really look that great) and games like Crysis and Killzone would have far more sales than they have right now.

I don't know how you can claim to speak for 15 million or so people on why they play the games they play based on your own, personal, preferences.

However, I can assure you that you are wrong only based on my own, as I do not play racing sims for the visuals and so your assumption that people only buy sims due to them is incorrect.

I mean, if you had spent any time at all among a sim racing community you'd know how dead wrong you are, but this works too. 

ps3-sales! said:

A sad but true fact. Unless you're obsessed with every polygon fit into these cars, I'm not sure how you can enjoy playing games like Forza and Gran Turismo. They are very boring to play and only sell great because of the impressive visuals. 

Not fact, but an opinion.

Just because you don't like simulation racers, doesn't make them boring.

It's amazing to me how people always state their personal opinion as if it were a universal truth. Anyone who does this is either a troll or just not very intelligent

i can't agree with that, both franchises are a lot of fun to play but everyone has a different taste...

trying to beat the own times again and again or trying to be as good as possible in a ranking against millions of other people was always something i liked in those games. but i don't really care about the "campaigns"

i also love to drive against some friends when we sit together and drink some beer that's also the main reason why i like fifa games.