By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza and Gran Turismo are boring games that sell because of visuals.

Forza and Gran Turismo are good if you want a realistic racing experience. I prefer simcade games. Not entirely a simulator, but more closely resembles a simulation than arcade.

Test Drive Unlimited 1 and 2 were probably my favorite racers this gen. Simcade titles that have an amazing amount of content. Instead of just being about the vehicles and the races, you can just drive around the environment. You race to buy faster cars, then buy more houses to store your cars, so you can buy more cars. There are two cities both of which make up 618 square miles and you can create your own races or race along tracks others created.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
This has to be a troll attempt. It should probably be locked.

Granted OP is a bit sarcastic, but no this is not a troll attempt. More like an exciting way to stir up some discussion on something that I don't understand (sim racers)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Aren't Forza, GT, and racing sims in general, like, hella deep? They just seem boring to casuals like us.

No, I play GT because it is fun and "Relaxing" in a way, no other racing sim felt like it not even the ones on PC, I can still play GT2 (my favorite in the series) and still enjoy it.

need for speed and burnout are so much more fun

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Or maybe, people like me actually enjoy racing simulators.

^_^

Wow! Nope.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Unfortunately I have not played Gran Turismo so I can't say if its boring but it has sold over 10 million copies so it must be special. But I've played Forza and right now I'm playing PGR4 and both are boring to me. The last good racing game this generation was probably Burnout Paradise.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ermm, mayb you just don't like sim genres.

Same way some peeps think animal crossing is the most pointless game of all time (me amongst them)

Most modern "hardcore" games do that.

TBH 
GT I agree
BUT Forza horizon changed alot and made the series cool. Everything prior however ...