By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza and Gran Turismo are boring games that sell because of visuals.

Angelus said:
Just because you don't like simulation racers, doesn't make them boring.

It's amazing to me how people always state their personal opinion as if it were a universal truth. Anyone who does this is either a troll or just not very intelligent

OMG I hate people who do that to death. So many at my university....

Around the Network

Your opinion != Fact.

They're not just games, they're simulators. Actually I find it pretty amazing that what are essentially hard core simulators are so popular, and on consoles at that.

crissindahouse said:
i can't agree with that, both franchises are a lot of fun to play but everyone has a different taste...

trying to beat the own times again and again or trying to be as good as possible in a ranking against millions of other people was always something i liked in those games. but i don't really care about the "campaigns"

i also love to drive against some friends when we sit together and drink some beer that's also the main reason why i like fifa games.

exactly this try being shut out from the GT Academy 10 spots away from moving on to the final round that makes you hungry and I'm very hungry right now!

Paging Ethomaz

I repeat, paging Ethomaz.

(People like simulators. I'd like a realistic flight one)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I just enjoy racing games and the nice visuals do help.

Yes, I put hundreds of hours into GT and Forza just to look at the game. I didn't even drive any of the cars, I just looked at them in the menu's.

Ignorance...

I like simulators, don't really care about what the cars look like though. I always play in the classic first person view. It's about getting in the zone and finding the optimal line, risk vs reward, the sensation of fluid movement.
The best races are not the ones you win or lose, but those where you drive bumper to bumper without touching trying to find that gap to squeeze through.

If you like racing to be a contact sport then GT and Forza are not for you.

I like them as someone who loves cars.

The visuals are part of the experience. Its all about immersion.

I didn't find GT5 that visually impressive and put 20 hours into it.