By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - All Stars sells One million globally

Conegamer said:

Add the fact it was heavily bundled and it's a pretty depressing state. But it hit a million at least.

Out of interest, which country was it bundled in?

Around the Network

hopefully if they make a seuqle they will change the horrid name of the game. And add a more robust story mode; because it was a joke in the game. sure the gameplay was really good; with much content in the game, it is like always playing multiplayer :S

Kresnik said:

Conegamer said:

Add the fact it was heavily bundled and it's a pretty depressing state. But it hit a million at least.

Out of interest, which country was it bundled in?

Was it not bundled here in the UK? Perhaps not officially but GAME certainly did.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Was it not bundled here in the UK? Perhaps not officially but GAME certainly did.

I don't recall seeing any bundles for it.  Perhaps I'm wrong.

badgenome said:

Counting PS+?

Maybe they should make a sequel with CHARACTERS PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY AS.

Thats is not exactly the problem. The problem is the mixed presentation. They either go to full realistic characters and setting fighter (Kratos, Dante, Lara croft, Drake, etc) or they drop all of them and go for a colorful and family friendly fighter (crash/spyro/ratchet/spike/etc).

By mixing the two the game ends up not appealing to either audience.

Around the Network

Well deserved and I think it deserves so much more. I'm hoping it will at least make it to 1.5mil in its life time.

I personally love the game. Online fights are fun and with offline 4-player fights are a blast. I hope to see a sequel sometime down the line but I don't think it will happen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

badgenome said:

Counting PS+?

Maybe they should make a sequel with CHARACTERS PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY AS.

Or more importantly a fighting game where YOU CAN ACTUALLY DAMAGE YOUR OPPONENTS. Intstead off just powering up for a super move.

Wonder if the game recouped it's cost.

The advertising budget was pretty big, I saw the trailer ads on youtube and all the IGN banners were this for like a month.

If you also factor in that it was bundled and had a 2 for 1 pack (PS3/Vita) I wonder how much $$ they really made off it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Conegamer said:
Terrible sales when you consider people were predicting it to outsell Smash Bros., selling over 5 mil etc.

Taking an extremely fringe expectation of its sales and using that to discredit what it actually sold is mighty disingenuous of you. I can find dumb sales predicitions on the internet for nearly every first party game. 

A lot of people complain about the roster but I hated the battle system most of all. No ring outs? That's the best part of Brawl!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!