By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony not "Defensive" or "Apologetic" about PS4 Multiplayer: except Yoshida

Is it reasonable?

Yes 174 69.05%

No 76 30.16%

Total:250
Normando said:
I wonder if you could still use things like Netflix without a PS+ account? That's more annoying to me than paying to play online.

All signs points to yes.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
They have no reason to be either one of those.

Anyone who was paying attention couldve called they would charge. In fact I called it back in February. MS got away with it this entire generation and the cost of maintaining the entire infrastructure is huge. As soon as Sony created Plus I knew pay to play was coming.

And its a solid business decision.

Speaking of which, I didn't see any information on PS4 pre-orders from you at gamestop. How are pre-orders going compared to X1?

eFKac said:
PullusPardus said:
eFKac said:
PullusPardus said:
What if we don't really need all those social features? and just want to play online ?, I keep going back to steam , but Steam allows you to play online for free, with voice chat, and text chat and all the features, but it doesn't force stuff like twitter , facebook and gaikai , so if they really want to make this free, just not force gaikai or other features that not a lot of people will use.

I will do a Don Mattrick here and say: PS4 is not for you then, but fortunately there is PS3 where you don't have to pay for online :P

yeah, sticking to Steam and WiiU for the time being, least till Final Fantasy releases.

On the other hand really, I would gladly pay for a quality online experience if that means I will get games with heavy emphasize on online infrastructure. Ubisoft, which almost fully supports Wii U with their new releases, won't release both The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division (looking amazing even though I'm not MP guy) which are online based. I think there is no coincidence here.

The Crew is exactly like Test Drive Unlimited, and that game is still going free to play, there is no reason to make people pay for server managment in this day and age, since you can easily get a good server if you are a company with minimum fee, and to maintain it is not a big of a deal as these companies make it seem to be, they're just greedy.

Normando said:
I wonder if you could still use things like Netflix without a PS+ account? That's more annoying to me than paying to play online.

yes you can.  You can use all the media apps without a plus subscription.

Bonafide732 said:
is it reasonable yes does it suck yes will I get over it yes

hahaha

Around the Network
The Fury said:
HikenNoAce said:
The Fury said:
They really should split up the costs into individual packages. £5 for just online play, £10 for all the rentals, £30 for everything. Something like that. The rentals and cloud stuff does not benefit me, doesn't now... okay so it might be good but I still don't agree with paying for online play.

You've bought the game and that includes the ability to use all parts of it, including the multiplayer parts. Maybe games could include 2 week PS+ passes with them, Sony are out all of £2.50 and I get to at least experience my purchased game online. The idea being that maybe I'll enjoy it enough to fork out the rest of the fee.

£5 per year for online? Lol. MS gets away with charging £30. I mean consumers in the UK voted with their wallet, right? And they chose the 360 despite the online fee.

I'm more willing to pay £5-10 a year just for online gaming than £40 for that and everything else. I had PS+ once after the issue and once again with a free code, I don't think I used the 'free games' much and nor did I use Cloud Storage, they weren't to my interest.

MS require you to pay £30 for everything though, this includes all online features, not just playing multiplayer. You need it for Netflix, which you already pay for. MS had an argument with BBC about iPlayer, they wanted it only to be available to those who paid gold. They lost that.

UK voted with their wallets? They did indeed, they bought the significantly cheaper Wii over the 360 and the cheaper 360 over the PS3. I'm sure though many might not have realised that after 3 years and an extra £90 that the costs were the same.

If you don't find enough games to justify your £40, then you might want to re-think gaming as a hobby.

Also, update your factsheet - the 360 is about to overtake the Wii the UK. Also, the PS4 is cheaper than the XboxOne. At the end of the day, most people see value in PS+ but there will always be the vocal minority who are never happy.

they dont have to be theyre laughing saying "where else will they go xbone rotfl"

There's no reason they should be, so...

Blood_Tears said:
BenVTrigger said:
They have no reason to be either one of those.

Anyone who was paying attention couldve called they would charge. In fact I called it back in February. MS got away with it this entire generation and the cost of maintaining the entire infrastructure is huge. As soon as Sony created Plus I knew pay to play was coming.

And . s a solid business decision.

Speaking of which, I didn't see any information on PS4 pre-orders from you at gamestop. How are pre-orders going compared to X1?

PS4 is doing amazing. Hasnt reached a sell out yet at most stores yet though.

All in all both X1 and PS4 are gonna have massive launches. Probably the two biggest launches in terms of units in the history of the industry.

Though I believe MS may struggle to meet demand which could certainly affect their launch. Expect both consoles to be hard to get without a pre order for at least the first 3 - 4 months.

if they give EVERY game dedicated servers then they justify the price of paying to play online. im not saying PS+ isnt worth the money, but i still personally believe that paying for online is BS, but if every game has dedicated servers then ok, they have every right to pay to play online for these servers