By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony not "Defensive" or "Apologetic" about PS4 Multiplayer: except Yoshida

Is it reasonable?

Yes 174 69.05%

No 76 30.16%

Total:250
Chark said:
Just heard on IGN Podcast Beyond, PS4 won't have online passes.

Since Sony is making PS+ mandatory they are getting rid of them. I am glad they are at least getting rid of them though

Around the Network

It's like MS and SONY are robbing us on the street. But while MS is screaming at us with a gun in our face, SONY is being very polite about it. All the while Steam just wants to give us free blowjobs.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Damn it. One reason why I liked the PS3 was that I did not needed to pay for online. I am sure PS+ is a great feature but I don't want all those bells and whistles.

I'm very upset about this, i don't care about any of the games that will be free or the cheaper prices for arcade crap i just want to play online for free on a console :(

Sure the infrastructure costs and needs to be paid for , but isn't that where the profits from the store from their cut of digital sales mp maps charging game publishers for bandwidth etc comes in , why do I have the feeling this isn't about covering costs but about making huge profits for no effort , and the cynical side of me thinks that the $100 PS4 price difference has a lot to do with paying for online if so , so much for covering cost's bullshit.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Well, it was either that or another "$599" scenario.

They made the best choice for sure.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

You mean $499?

thismeintiel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

You mean $499?

Well, nope. Though that could very well be closer to the truth.

It's all speculative.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
thismeintiel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

You mean $499?

It's all speculative.

I said $499 because that was the price the PS3 launched at.  $599 was for the 60GB SKU.

thismeintiel said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
thismeintiel said:

You mean $499?

It's all speculative.

I said $499 because that was the price the PS3 launched at.  $599 was for the 60GB SKU.

Well, and I mainly said $599 to bring the schock value at the time of Kaz's announcement.

Still, that price may would have been necessary this time around given the online improvements that they are planning.