By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony not "Defensive" or "Apologetic" about PS4 Multiplayer: except Yoshida

Is it reasonable?

Yes 174 69.05%

No 76 30.16%

Total:250
Xeilyn said:
I dont know if it has been posted already but Yoshida stated that F2P games like planetside 2 will be playable without PS+

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-shares-relevant-details-on-playstation-plus-requirement-for-multiplayer-on-ps4/

That certainly helps. The same might work for FFXIV and ES:online, if you pay a subscription to those, you don't also have to pay for PS+ to play them.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

So... sony is also going pay to play huh??? heheheehheheehe $ony and Micro$oft? But no "s" in nintendo.

Yay!!!

Xeilyn said:
I dont know if it has been posted already but Yoshida stated that F2P games like planetside 2 will be playable without PS+

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-shares-relevant-details-on-playstation-plus-requirement-for-multiplayer-on-ps4/

This is interesting. Does this mean elder scrolls online can be played for free?

mantlepiecek said:
Xeilyn said:

This is interesting. Does this mean elder scrolls online can be played for free?

No.

By the way I don't understand why are they gimping Drive Club. It is not like people who get this edition will go out and get the disc version, do they?

What if we don't really need all those social features? and just want to play online ?, I keep going back to steam , but Steam allows you to play online for free, with voice chat, and text chat and all the features, but it doesn't force stuff like twitter , facebook and gaikai , so if they really want to make this free, just not force gaikai or other features that not a lot of people will use.

Around the Network

I wonder how the japanese market is gonna react to this...

Misleading title though, shuhei yoshida did apologise for it. Maybe the title should be changed to reflect that?

"I apologize for the financial burden on our users, but on PS4 it’ll also provide early access to beta versions, free games and discounts like on PS3 and PS Vita. In addition to that PS Plus members will receive for free a special edition with slightly reduced functions of DriveClub."

PullusPardus said:
What if we don't really need all those social features? and just want to play online ?, I keep going back to steam , but Steam allows you to play online for free, with voice chat, and text chat and all the features, but it doesn't force stuff like twitter , facebook and gaikai , so if they really want to make this free, just not force gaikai or other features that not a lot of people will use.

I will do a Don Mattrick here and say: PS4 is not for you then, but fortunately there is PS3 where you don't have to pay for online :P

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
PullusPardus said:

I will do a Don Mattrick here and say: PS4 is not for you then, but fortunately there is PS3 where you don't have to pay for online :P

yeah, sticking to Steam and WiiU for the time being, least till Final Fantasy releases.

PullusPardus said:
eFKac said:
PullusPardus said:

yeah, sticking to Steam and WiiU for the time being, least till Final Fantasy releases.

On the other hand really, I would gladly pay for a quality online experience if that means I will get games with heavy emphasize on online infrastructure. Ubisoft, which almost fully supports Wii U with their new releases, won't release both The Crew and Tom Clancy's The Division (looking amazing even though I'm not MP guy) which are online based. I think there is no coincidence here.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

michael_stutzer said:

By the way I don't understand why are they gimping Drive Club. It is not like people who get this edition will go out and get the disc version, do they?

They will probably try to sell a full-game unlock for the PS+ edition. At 15-20 €/$ quite a few people might bite after playing the PS+ edition.