By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony not "Defensive" or "Apologetic" about PS4 Multiplayer: except Yoshida

Is it reasonable?

Yes 174 69.05%

No 76 30.16%

Total:250

People will pay, so I say hey.

Around the Network

I must say that after reading all the apologist posts, this was a briljant move by Sony.

Well played, sir.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

My approach to PS+ is will I get value for money out of it without online MP? If yes, then I'll get PS+ for PS4. If no then I won't get PS+ because online MP is not important to me, even though in some games the online element is of interest and adds to the value of the game (e.g. LBP and inFamous 2 UGC, and Demon's Souls online).

Honestly I'd prefer PS4 was $499 and online MP stayed free. They went with lower entry price and forcing plus on MP fans. In some ways that's a little unfair: Plus subscribers are subsidising the box for non-plus subscribers, as well as paying for PSN infrastructure to support MP.

I'm also a bit miffed that for Uncharted 4 platinum trophy I'd have to fork out for a month of plus, assuming that I don't see enough value in being a long term plus subscriber.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

i am already paying for plus and havent play online for quite a while so it wont be much different for me.

This is such an unbelievably weird feeling as a massive PlayStation gamer... Part of me want's to be upset that Sony is now charging and making everyone pay for Online... but when I try to get mad I remember all the awesome cool value we are getting and all the crazy incentives that go along with having PlayStation Plus and I actually instead get excited... Weird!

It honestly just completely makes sense, and with everything they are implementing with their new online structure I feel as if we don't really have any logical reason to be mad at them, considering in the end all of us are winning out anyways.

Around the Network

Not reasonable here in Australia because they didn't even try to hit the "$399 price point" and they'll probably overcharge us for PS+ just like Microsoft rip us off with Live. It's Wii U and PC for me till I see the price somewhere close the US one, and with a starting price of AU$549 (US$517), there's a long way to go.

Locknuts said:
Not reasonable here in Australia because they didn't even try to hit the "$399 price point" and they'll probably overcharge us for PS+ just like Microsoft rip us off with Live. It's Wii U and PC for me till I see the price somewhere close the US one, and with a starting price of AU$549 (US$517), there's a long way to go.

I'm a PS+ subscriber in Australia and it's $70 per year which is more than fair (though I only paid $50 because of one of the discounts). I think Live is $80.

They really should split up the costs into individual packages. £5 for just online play, £10 for all the rentals, £30 for everything. Something like that. The rentals and cloud stuff does not benefit me, doesn't now... okay so it might be good but I still don't agree with paying for online play.

You've bought the game and that includes the ability to use all parts of it, including the multiplayer parts. Maybe games could include 2 week PS+ passes with them, Sony are out all of £2.50 and I get to at least experience my purchased game online. The idea being that maybe I'll enjoy it enough to fork out the rest of the fee.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
They really should split up the costs into individual packages. £5 for just online play, £10 for all the rentals, £30 for everything. Something like that. The rentals and cloud stuff does not benefit me, doesn't now... okay so it might be good but I still don't agree with paying for online play.

You've bought the game and that includes the ability to use all parts of it, including the multiplayer parts. Maybe games could include 2 week PS+ passes with them, Sony are out all of £2.50 and I get to at least experience my purchased game online. The idea being that maybe I'll enjoy it enough to fork out the rest of the fee.

£5 per year for online? Lol. MS gets away with charging £30. I mean consumers in the UK voted with their wallet, right? And they chose the 360 despite the online fee.

It's reasonable but that doesn't make it suck less.

The online experience on PS3 has got better, but at the beginning it was rather rudimentary, and the investment associated with it reflected that.

It would be nice if that rudimentary online was still free, yet publishers are not going to implement free p2p online next to a dedicated server setup supported by Sony.