By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want from Mario U

I want something bold and almost trippy. Break all the rules, but keep that familiar Mario gameplay and feel. I want a 3D Super Mario Bros 2 or something like Super Mario Land. But it has to be aesthetically interesting. Nothing like NSMB.

And I may be the only one, but I liked the story elements in the first galaxy. I liked going back to Rosalina to read new chapters. Expand on that please. Maybe Luigi is under some spell or something and is the villain, being controlled by Wario and Waluigi. Meanwhile Bowser has Peach. I dunno, just something that gets everyone in the Mario universe together other than to go karting or play Golf.

Maybe a visual upgrade to Mario's character. We should see the denim on his overalls. Everyone should be retextured and maybe even remolded a little. He has looked the same since the Gamecube.

And finally, innovation is key. I loved Galaxy's control scheme, so if the Gamepad takes center stage (which I think it has to) then it has to be used in interesting ways. The two screens, the touch, motion, etc plus MiiVerse integration.

Around the Network

I want Super Mario 64 type worlds with diversity. That game never got boring during my playthrough when I was younger. Im pumped for the new Sonic game now, I never thought I would be, but this could be my perfect 3D sonic game. Mario U should take advantage of the game pad. and shift from 3D to 2D kind of like Sonic generations. When you are in pipes you go 2D and when you go to the normal world you're 3D. That would be so badass!

Same here. I want a world to actually explore, with fun characters to interact with. The Galaxy games were fun for a playthrough, but 64 and Sunshine are games that I want to return to again and again. I want that. I want a better story, too. I know Mario's never been known for his riveting story, but you can still make some awesome scenarios and good humor without over-complicating things. (Again, Sunshine was a perfect example.)

But mostly it needs to be really epic and huge--something worthy of this new platform, that really shows off what it's capable of.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

As some people have mentioned, I would really like power-ups that really are a bonus that you can take from level to level. A fire flower should last till you are damaged. Some other cool powerups would be great too, and powerup inventory.

I would really like something all new and creative, something jaw-dropping like Mario 64 and Galaxy were at the time.

But most of all I want great graphics. Really great. Galaxy was beautiful and now I think it's time for Mario to go full-on HD with the visuals. I want amazing worlds with incredible detail. Trees shouldn't be green circles, but have leaves that blow in the wind. I want rain, snow, puddles, great lighting. I want it to feel like magical escapism.

alot of people here kinda touched on what i want. A new combat system. Mario's punches and kicks have always been uncomfortable to me. Simply being able to search the level for a yoshi, or a fire flower would solve this for me. Also, i would like to play as a separate character on the gamepad. Kinda like the youtube post that was on the 1st page of this thread. Harder boss battles. Galaxy has some nice boss battles visually, but they were so damn easy. Lastly, and most importantly, i don't want the main game to be all about collecting stars. I want a true journey that tells a story. I haven't really liked a 3d mario game yet, and i bought 2 of them. I really like mario characters, but i feel like the story always revolves around collecting like 50 + stars. I don't mind a little relic collection in games, but such a high number just sucks away the importance of said relic. I would much prefer 6 mega stars holding a great amount of power and just interacting with those. Then, you could reward players who set out to collect some high number of normal stars.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

True co-op mode.

Nintendo listened!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"