By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want from Mario U

hivycox said:
How about a castle which can travel through time?? You free roam in this castle which is huge (10x the size of the castle in SM64) and the levels represent time peroids.

Here the story:

Bowser is building a machine which can manipulate time and space. Mario tries to stop him but gets cought in the process. Bowser then sends Mario back in time. After the travel Mario stumbles across the ancestor of Princess Peach. Mario explains the situation to her and she willingly agrees to help him out. Somehow they manage to built a "time-core" which they implement in the center of old Peach's castle allowing them to travel through time. But in order to travel further into the future the "time-core" needs more energy in form of "time-stars" which are scattered around many places in different time periods.

At the end they manage to gather enough power to travel to the present time and witness the events of Mario being caught and send back to the past. This will be the best opportunity to face Bowser off guard.

Something like that...

....well if thats too irritating...a normal castle is good enough, too ;)

that would be awesome and after Sly 4 I'm convinced of time travel as the premise for any platformer.  It just makes for an easy way to make varied powers and environments.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Nintendo is probably going implement features from the "Panorama View"

I prefer the linear Marios over the open world ones which is why the Galaxy games are the best 3D Mario games for me.

But I guess I'm open for something new. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

KHlover said:
Glorious HD platforming.

This.

As long as it's more like Mario 64 or Galaxy and nothing like Sunshine then we're probably good.

I would like Mario to be the protagonist of the game.

Around the Network

I have an idea:
In the tv it´s a normal 3d mario game with all the things we like about them. But when Mario enters a special cannon, he gets shooted off the Tv (towards the player) and enters the gamepad. There the game works with some touch mechanics.

I don't care as long as it looks pretty enough to stop people continuing to spout nonsense about the Wii U being 'on par' with the 360. Mind you, it could look like the best thing since sliced bread and you'll still have people saying it...the sizzle reel at the 2011 E3 is a perfect example of people's fanboy stupidity lol.

POE said:
I have an idea:
In the tv it´s a normal 3d mario game with all the things we like about them. But when Mario enters a special cannon, he gets shooted off the Tv (towards the player) and enters the gamepad. There the game works with some touch mechanics.

on TV its in 3D on tha pad in 2D

or its the same on both screens but some things are visible only on the Pad like ghosts and shit lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

thekitchensink said:
I want a full open-world Mushroom Kingdom to run around in, with more contained areas to facilitate more specific challenges, similar to Batman Arkham City.

I'd be happy with a level-pack Galaxy sequel, though.

Mushroom Kingdom is boring, mario should go somewhere else, like he did in SMS

I want it to be as creative as Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy were, not lazy and predictable like NSMBU.

And nothing like Sunshine, hate that game.