By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want from Mario U

We will soon see the next generation of 3D Mario. Coming off of Galaxy 1 and 2, I would say the expectations are sky high. So my question is, what will Mario U have to to do impress you? Do you want Galaxy 3? Something ala Sunshine? Something new all together? What are specific things you would like?

Personally, I was hoping for more open levels with more room to explore. Galaxy is fantastic because of how good the platforming was, but I felt like it lost some of the exploration of 64 and Sunshine. I'm hoping also for the gamepad to be used well. I don't want tacked on features, and I don't want it to be used excessively, but I would like it to be implemented in smart ways.

Around the Network

I want a dating sim with NSFW cutscenes when done things right. It's time to Mario to collect his reward for saving the princess so many times.

Glorious HD platforming.

I want a full open-world Mushroom Kingdom to run around in, with more contained areas to facilitate more specific challenges, similar to Batman Arkham City.

I'd be happy with a level-pack Galaxy sequel, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I want him to do more than just jump. I'm sick of 2d side scrollers, and the best mario's always evolve the gaming mechanics to involve something like flying in mario 64. better graphics won't be enough if they don't involve new ways of moving mario.

Around the Network

Awesome platforming levels

New powerups (returning old ones don't count and they actually have to give you NEW benefits)

SM64 style overworld (not paintings or anything that specific but just the style of having a big world to run around and little secrets)

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Mario 64 2.0: A Realm Reborn

I want to be surprised again.

True co-op mode.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

hsrob said:
I want to be surprised again.

a realistic plumbing simulator would be surprising.  Maybe you should also put a "good" in front of that surprise.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers