By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want from Mario U

galaxy is pretty much a perfect game so id like to see a third instalment i just cant imagine anything better then galaxy..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
galaxy is pretty much a perfect game so id like to see a third instalment i just cant imagine anything better then galaxy..

well, after Mario 64 I had the same thought, but then they made Galaxy :D

Click HERE and be happy 

Super Mario Winter Wonderland, the true sequel to Super Mario Sunshine

But on a serious note, I hope it has a big overworld like Super Mario 64 while having the great platforming and physics of Galaxy plus it being in HD is always good. Also introduce new enemies and have a different villian than Bowser, he can still be in it tho.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't want it to be in the mushroom kingdom, I would rather it be a whole new location. Maybe Mario could platform across a cartoony city jumping across skyscrapers and the like. I just want to be amazed like I was when I first saw galaxy. No SM3DL crap though please.

Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Soleron said:
platformmaster918 said:
Awesome platforming levels

New powerups (returning old ones don't count and they actually have to give you NEW benefits)

How about not-modal powerups. As in, they're not required to be used for X segment and then discarded.

Non-modal powerups: Mushroom, Fire Flower, Wing Cap, SMW Yoshi

Modal: Cloud Mario, SMG2 Yoshi, Vanish Cap

Galaxy reduced powerups to gimmick puzzles rather than a risk/reward thing.

..3D Marios have a health bar for a reason....in contrast to 2D Mario games !

Well Super Mario 3D Land is the first 3D mario game to not use a health meter IIRC.  Hopefully Nintendo can carry this over to the Wii U game.

Maybe it could take a page out of Sonic Generations book and have levels from every Mario game plus blend 2D and 3D gameplay together.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

more open less linear levels - like Sunshine!

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

EricFabian said:
kljesta64 said:

well, after Mario 64 I had the same thought, but then they made Galaxy :D

I know

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

What if the 3D Mario game is (plot twist) actually a 3D LUIGI game?