By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want from Mario U

i want words like mario 64

Around the Network

I don't know.

Like seriosuly, what can Nintendo even do to top Galaxy? All I know is that I don't want more of the same, nor a radical change in the formula.

ijjawimisah said:
I want him to do more than just jump. I'm sick of 2d side scrollers, and the best mario's always evolve the gaming mechanics to involve something like flying in mario 64. better graphics won't be enough if they don't involve new ways of moving mario.

3D Marios aren't 2D Side Scrollers, so Nintendo already has you covered.

OT: I want something new. Galaxy should stay with the Wii. Sunshine sould stay with the GameCube. We need something new for the Wii U.

platformmaster918 said:
Awesome platforming levels

New powerups (returning old ones don't count and they actually have to give you NEW benefits)

How about not-modal powerups. As in, they're not required to be used for X segment and then discarded.

Non-modal powerups: Mushroom, Fire Flower, Wing Cap, SMW Yoshi

Modal: Cloud Mario, SMG2 Yoshi, Vanish Cap

Galaxy reduced powerups to gimmick puzzles rather than a risk/reward thing.

Co-op, in the end it's the Year of Luigi. Would fit. And also a more open world style. Would be a nice change after Galaxy.

Around the Network

Super Mario 64 2! Being a Mario game I can't see them ever truly giving us an "open world" where EVERYTHING is connected...as Mario has always been about jump-in/jump-out levels. All I know is I want a hub-world again like 64 or Galaxy 1...and I want a variety of self-contained worlds...in the vein of 64 but BIGGER and BETTER! More power-ups, more exploration, etc. No gimmicky stuff like F.L.U.D.D. True 2-person co-op with Luigi would be awesome as well, but should be completely optional of course. Keep the same incredible music quality...even if orchestrated stuff doesn't fit as well without the grand scope and scale of the "space" setting...the music should be high-quality with some memorable new tunes. My biggest complaint about the New 2D mario series is that they've recycled the same music tracks for four games now. It's just lazy, and one of Nintendo's BIGGEST strengths has always been the music in their games.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Soleron said:
platformmaster918 said:
Awesome platforming levels

New powerups (returning old ones don't count and they actually have to give you NEW benefits)

How about not-modal powerups. As in, they're not required to be used for X segment and then discarded.

Non-modal powerups: Mushroom, Fire Flower, Wing Cap, SMW Yoshi

Modal: Cloud Mario, SMG2 Yoshi, Vanish Cap

Galaxy reduced powerups to gimmick puzzles rather than a risk/reward thing.

most definitely.  There can be modal ones too, but I like the idea of if you play well you get to have an advantage later in the level and things stacking to reach the best powerups like in the original SMB.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

One more little thing Nintendo. Get rid of the lives system. If I get a checkpoint make it permanent until I exit the level, because otherwise I'm just going to go through the easy or hub worlds and gather 100 lives before trying anything hard. It wastes my time and yours using this archaic system. I normally don't even use the vast majority of them but I gotta have a safe amount because starting before the checkpoint would just suck.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

To have my head completely explode from the unadulterated awesomeness.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

GRAFIX!!!

I keed, of course. I want something entirely unexpected. I want Mario to go places where I couldn't have imagined him going before, which is exactly what I got from Sunshine and Galaxy.

Of course, Mario Galaxy 3(Super Mario Universe?) could probably benefit a great deal from the new hardware, so I won't be too disappointed if they choose to go that route.