By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade 2: What do you want?

it's actually not the dialect/accent i don't dig about the euro localization. It's actually the timbre of the voices. They just didn't always fit. Hell, while i'm on the subject, rewrite the damn script so that the dialogue fits with the mouth movement better as well. If you can dub anime and still have it look ok, you can do it (and have done it in the past) with video games. That was probably the one thing that made me think less of the game. Luckily there's so much positive to counter balance it.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Zelhawks37 said:
curl-6 said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Melia to make a return so her f'ed up life actually turns around in this game. 

She didn't come out all that badly; she went through the most of the party, but she still came out with actual friends for the first time in her (emotionally) sheltered life.

She lost her love interest to Fiora, WHILE her family had died at the same time. Her entire species were irradicated too. Sure she made friends, but tragedy will definitely weigh on the girl for the rest of her life.

Her species wasn't eradicated, many High Entia survived due to their human genes. Only the pure bloods transformed.

Haven't played the game in a while, but where did they show this? When I went back to the city, all of them were transformed, and as far as I remember, Melia was the only one who had human genes.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Zelhawks37 said:

Haven't played the game in a while, but where did they show this? When I went back to the city, all of them were transformed, and as far as I remember, Melia was the only one who had human genes.

Colony Six had quite a few surviving High Entia. The interbreeding with humans took place throughout their society, not just with royalty, which saved many of them.

curl-6 said:
Zelhawks37 said:

Colony Six had quite a few surviving High Entia. The interbreeding with humans took place throughout their society, not just with royalty, which saved many of them.

I guess that is when I have to replay it lol. Still, to lose family and lose to love, it still sucks.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

How do I use the spoiler censor?

Also, I'd like to see less Gainaxing/Namcoing/Tecmoing of the ladies. It's a shame that I can't have one meaningful convo about Sharla, and especially Vanea, on GFaqs without the subject switching to their ta-tas. This isn't Xeno Beach Volleyball.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
How do I use the spoiler censor?

Also, I'd like to see less Gainaxing/Namcoing/Tecmoing of the ladies. It's a shame that I can't have one meaningful convo about Sharla, and especially Vanea, on GFaqs without the subject switching to their ta-tas. This isn't Xeno Beach Volleyball.

I sense that the source of your problem is not in the game, but where you choose to discuss it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Jumpin said:
F0X said:
Jumpin said:

I would much prefer it to be Xenogears 2 or at least linked to the Xenoverse, not Xenoblade 2.

I, for one, would love to see it tie Xenoblade and Xenogears together.

Even better idea! To me, that would justify Xenoblade. I found it very hard to warm to the game because its title implied that it was part of the Xenoverse, but there didn't seem to be any links to it. So I was hugely disappointed and still have disdain for the game.

The question would be, how would Xenoblade be made to fit into the main Xenogears/Xenoblade universe?

My best idea would be to establish that Xenoblade takes place well after the other Xeno games. Otherwise, it's nigh impossible to reconcile the difference between Xenoblade's world and the Xenoverse.

In any case, Xenoblade wasn't originally concieved as a Xeno game. The name was changed over the course of development... probably to pay tribute to Monolith's past (or make more money, which works too). It does borrow many themes from the other games, though. In a Final Fantasy-esque way, it's already tied to the broader series.

I looked at Xenoblade as a spiritual successor to Xenogears/Xenosaga and some of the story themes that those games featured heavily. But really given the fact that the Xenoverse has been said the story being six parts who knows if Xenoblade wasn't meant to fit in their original plan at some point.

Either way, Xenoblade is by far their best game and redeems the series from being the cinema fest that plagued the previous games to carry the brand.

NoirSon said:
F0X said:
Jumpin said:
F0X said:
Jumpin said:

I would much prefer it to be Xenogears 2 or at least linked to the Xenoverse, not Xenoblade 2.

I, for one, would love to see it tie Xenoblade and Xenogears together.

Even better idea! To me, that would justify Xenoblade. I found it very hard to warm to the game because its title implied that it was part of the Xenoverse, but there didn't seem to be any links to it. So I was hugely disappointed and still have disdain for the game.

The question would be, how would Xenoblade be made to fit into the main Xenogears/Xenoblade universe?

My best idea would be to establish that Xenoblade takes place well after the other Xeno games. Otherwise, it's nigh impossible to reconcile the difference between Xenoblade's world and the Xenoverse.

In any case, Xenoblade wasn't originally concieved as a Xeno game. The name was changed over the course of development... probably to pay tribute to Monolith's past (or make more money, which works too). It does borrow many themes from the other games, though. In a Final Fantasy-esque way, it's already tied to the broader series.

I looked at Xenoblade as a spiritual successor to Xenogears/Xenosaga and some of the story themes that those games featured heavily. But really given the fact that the Xenoverse has been said the story being six parts who knows if Xenoblade wasn't meant to fit in their original plan at some point.

Either way, Xenoblade is by far their best game and redeems the series from being the cinema fest that plagued the previous games to carry the brand.

Yeah, Xenoblade is very gameplay-focus compared to the other two. I'd say it's easily better than Xenosaga and worthy of being compared with Xenogears.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I want it to be real. I don't want it to be like Versus.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

just for the record: I LOVE the british VO's!!! I can listen to Dunban, Sharla, an Reyn talk all day(and Rikki..though he's doesn't have a british accent it's just an absolute wonder when he talk!! :p)