By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic: Lost Worlds trailer

Tagged games:

As far as I understand it, it's made by the Sonic Team - and I haven't heard anything about Nintendo being involved...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

yes I am a bit excited and it is the first time for a Sonic game but on teh other end it is very similar to Galaxy isn't it?

Switch!!!

Conegamer said:
curl-6 said:
Xxain said:
More:

The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

Between this and the parkour stuff, it sounds like they are finally solving fundamental mechnical problems Sonic has suffered from for years. Could this finally be a seamless 3D Sonic?

It certainly sounds like a good start. But this is Sonic Team, they'll find a way to screw up.

They didn't manage to ruin Sonic Colours or Generations.

Xxain said:
Nintendo is not developing this game. This game was in development during generations. Stop giving Nintendo credit. SEGA Mother fuckers

Nintendo is helping this game happen, and it's already been stated that they are at least lending a hand with whatever Sega needs (most likely any way to help them take advantage of the hardware, etc.). Don't hate, appreciate. Sega + Nintendo = two great tastes that taste great together.

Now let's hope the partnership lasts beyond these "three exclusive games", and that the rumor of a Sega/Nintendo crossover racer actually happens, and is GOOD.

Pachofilauri said:
am not a sonic fan so i don't know... but what are the "new moves"??? i only saw him running

According to details from IGN, they are trying to give Sonic new "parkour" moves that are triggered when you hold the "run" button, in certain parts of levels where you would normally hit a wall or obstacle or get stopped/slowed down. They are trying to find ways to make the "fast" Sonic levels play smoother, which has been a complaint of many Sonic fans ever since Sonic Adventure 1.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
As far as I understand it, it's made by the Sonic Team - and I haven't heard anything about Nintendo being involved...

I´m pretty sure one of Nintendo´s SPD Teams is onboard (they are basically overseers/producers who look after external projects) for example Luigi´s Mansion 2 and Lego City Undercover were overseen by one of these teams (and Bayonetta 2 will be too)

This is one of the reasons why Nintendo seems to have the Mida´s Touch when they let other developers make games for them (because they ensure that the game is of high quality)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_SPD

Einsam_Delphin said:
Just realized something. The fact that there are robots as enemies confirms that Eggman is the main antagonist once again. Those 6 monster things are after the animals as they're what power the robots somehow, like in previous games. Still doesn't explain where those monster things came from though.

I didn't know anything about Sonic Xtreme before yesterday, while catching up with the history with some videos. Seems one of the stories scrapped had Robotnik explode the Master Emerald from which the six beings appear.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

orniletter said:
DanneSandin said:

I´m pretty sure one of Nintendo´s SPD Teams is onboard (they are basically overseers/producers who look after external projects) for example Luigi´s Mansion 2 and Lego City Undercover were overseen by one of these teams (and Bayonetta 2 will be too)

This is one of the reasons why Nintendo seems to have the Mida´s Touch when they let other developers make games for them (because they ensure that the game is of high quality)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_SPD

But I haven't haerd that's the case here? I mean, it's not like Sega is using one of Nintendo's old IP's - and we're not even sure if it's Nintendo that's funding it...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pretty sure Nintendo gave them the galaxy engine to work with or something then.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I hope Nintendo are taking an involved interest, that can pretty much only bode well for the game's final quality.