By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic: Lost Worlds trailer

Tagged games:

See? Even if the Wii U isn't next gen, it can still offer compelling games with very interesting visuals! =P

This game really looks amazing.

Been a while since i've been excited for a Sonic game... In fact, the last time it happend was for Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
DanneSandin said:
As far as I understand it, it's made by the Sonic Team - and I haven't heard anything about Nintendo being involved...

I´m pretty sure one of Nintendo´s SPD Teams is onboard (they are basically overseers/producers who look after external projects) for example Luigi´s Mansion 2 and Lego City Undercover were overseen by one of these teams (and Bayonetta 2 will be too)

This is one of the reasons why Nintendo seems to have the Mida´s Touch when they let other developers make games for them (because they ensure that the game is of high quality)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_SPD

No your wrong. This game has been in development since the end generations development(2011). They're no Nintendo overseers on one of SEGA's game!. Nintendo came to SEGA for their help. Nintendo is paying SEGA for their. Nintendo is offering many other incentives for SEGA's help. Your comparison is completely different because this is a "deal" between Nintendo and SEGA not some outsource project that Nintendo choose SEGA for( which your post described). Anybody that Nintendo strikes a deal with is in driving seat.

This made me giggle:

Xxain said:
orniletter said:
DanneSandin said:
As far as I understand it, it's made by the Sonic Team - and I haven't heard anything about Nintendo being involved...

I´m pretty sure one of Nintendo´s SPD Teams is onboard (they are basically overseers/producers who look after external projects) for example Luigi´s Mansion 2 and Lego City Undercover were overseen by one of these teams (and Bayonetta 2 will be too)

This is one of the reasons why Nintendo seems to have the Mida´s Touch when they let other developers make games for them (because they ensure that the game is of high quality)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_SPD

No your wrong. This game has been in development since the end generations development(2011). They're no Nintendo overseers on one of SEGA's game!. Nintendo came to SEGA for their help. Nintendo is paying SEGA for their. Nintendo is offering many other incentives for SEGA's help. Your comparison is completely different because this is a "deal" between Nintendo and SEGA not some outsource project that Nintendo choose SEGA for( which your post described). Anybody that Nintendo strikes a deal with is in driving seat.

Got a link or something to back that up? I know Sega is on board Bayo2 as creative consultants (or something like that), but I haven't heard anything else...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

TomaTito said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Just realized something. The fact that there are robots as enemies confirms that Eggman is the main antagonist once again. Those 6 monster things are after the animals as they're what power the robots somehow, like in previous games. Still doesn't explain where those monster things came from though.

I didn't know anything about Sonic Xtreme before yesterday, while catching up with the history with some videos. Seems one of the stories scrapped had Robotnik explode the Master Emerald from which the six beings appear.

Interestings, monster's coming from an emerald... makes about as much sense as everything else in this game. :P

Hopefully that also means Knuckles will appear in the game, assuming that the Master Emerald truely is those monster's origin of course.

Around the Network

Looks neat. I hope they don't screw up the camera this time.

Man Ive loved Sonic ever since first putting that Sonic The Hedgehog cartridge in my Sega Mega Drive for the first time that one Christmas and laughing hysterically at the "Sega" intro with my dad, playing Sonic 2 at a friends house again the Little blue Hedgehog Blew me away, I then later purchased Sonic & Knuckles which I loved so much, after that I didn't really play sonic until adventure, I bought sonic unleashed for the Wii but couldn't get into it, the last Sonic game I purchased were Sonic Colours which I couldn't put down With some brilliant levels and music, I look forward to this now, plus looks like you save the little animals again :)

Trunkin said:
Looks neat. I hope they don't screw up the camera this time.

it's Sonic Team! But I wish they don't

Click HERE and be happy 

call me in-freaking-sane, but i think what made sonic great in the past is what holds him back now..... platforming. In the 3d space it is pretty hard to accurately guide a super speedy critter like sonic. I know someone may secretly plot my death starting tonight, but i think if you took the majority of platforming out of a sonic game and focused on adventure, travel, and combat; you'd have a much deeper enjoyable sonic game. Also, maybe it's time for sonic to do more than just turn into a ball to attack enemies. punches kicks slides. Lets slow the surroundings down to show of his speed. That's just me brainstorming though.

CarcharodonKraz said:
call me in-freaking-sane, but i think what made sonic great in the past is what holds him back now..... platforming. In the 3d space it is pretty hard to accurately guide a super speedy critter like sonic. I know someone may secretly plot my death starting tonight, but i think if you took the majority of platforming out of a sonic game and focused on adventure, travel, and combat; you'd have a much deeper enjoyable sonic game. Also, maybe it's time for sonic to do more than just turn into a ball to attack enemies. punches kicks slides. Lets slow the surroundings down to show of his speed. That's just me brainstorming though.

Naw, you're not insane. I totally understand where you're coming from mate. The main reason why I didn't enjoy Sonic Colors as much as Unleashed Day Stages and Sonic Generations (and Sonic Rush while we're at it) was because it was way too platform heavy (as in you had to stop running to do stuff) and didn't feel very fast in comparison to his other recent games. If I wanted a game like that, I'd pick up any other platformer. Don't turn Sonic into any other platformer Sega!