By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic: Lost Worlds trailer

Tagged games:

The game looks colorful, fast and awesome... While I liked colors, this one seems like it could be my next sonic game after the DC sonic game I had...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Xxain said:
f you want the details, click that read more button.

Levels include ‘Wind Hill’ & ‘Desert Ruins’
Desert Ruins consists of a Cake, Candy and sweet themed environment.
Sonic builds up speed slowly, the player decides when he wants to go faster and then with another button decides when he wants to unleash the next level of speed.
Parkor system, designed to allow players to navigate objects at speed without coming to a dead stop.
Wisp’s are back, as are the wisp powers.

2 player “support” mode confirmed.
Sonic is the only playable character.
Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear in the story, they are not playable.
The planet is called ‘Lost Hex.’
Rescuing animals will influence various unlockable content.
Red Rings are back.
Gold cannons are used to unlock secret/alternative paths.

I particularly like the sound of the bolded. Sonic always seemed trapped between speed and platforming, the parkour system could fix this.

SunofKratos said:
Looks really great. To bad its only on Wii U and not on other consoles too.

Why is it a big deal if it's on Nintendo systems? It's not like either systems are expensive anymore. Shit target has the wii u for 230. get the debit red card and save 5% (plus with red card every few weeks you get a coupon for 5% extra off). So you could walk out paying under 230 for a wii u, or a 3ds for under 130$. People can't complain that's expensive. Especially if someone is a Sony fan and didn't mind spending 600$ for the ps3. 

I don't like the music.

But will keep an eye out. Haven't played a Sonic game since adventure 2.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

seen the trailer like a 100 times now. they need to discuss this further at e3 there is so much i want to know.

it will be a day one buy.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Around the Network

More:

The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

Xxain said:
More:

The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.

Between this and the parkour stuff, it sounds like they are finally solving fundamental mechnical problems Sonic has suffered from for years. Could this finally be a seamless 3D Sonic?

curl-6 said:
Xxain said:
More:

Between this and the parkour stuff, it sounds like they are finally solving fundamental mechnical problems Sonic has suffered from for years. Could this finally be a seamless 3D Sonic?

It certainly sounds like a good start. But this is Sonic Team, they'll find a way to screw up.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So, this is skateboard game with Sonic skins?

Roma said:
If Nintendo really has a hand in this (which I hope) it will be amazing!

yes 100% ,Nintendo should be engaged in this project! loook a little bit a mario galaxy