By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic: Lost Worlds trailer

Tagged games:

Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:

I think it's a preference thing.  The game REALLY looks like the old Genesis Sonic games.  Really bold colors and a little blocky (in an intentional way).  I never owned a Sega system till Dreamcast, so I'm much more of a fan of that art style.  A little more realistic and muted.  I'll probably get used to it. 

No need to focus on the negative though.  After seeing the gameplay I'm really really excited to try this.  I hope they make it one of the playable E3 demos.

I'm with ya here. I just loves fantasy stuff that looks realistic. Colors and Generations were simply awesome in that regard, so it is kind of a shame they're moving away from that, but I guess I'll live. Also, I too hope it's one of the best buy demos, but at the same time I don't since I already know I'm gonna buy this, being a huge sonic fan n all. Part of me would rather play games that I'm not sold on or very interested in really like Project X or the wonderful 101. I won't mind one bit either way though. ;)

As much as I'm looking forward to X, I don't think it's the kind of game that would work well in a 15 minute burst.  If you're not interested in X though, you should be.  Unless you hate RPGs. 

X is an RPG? From what I saw it reminded me of Monster Hunter, a game I was never really interested in.

Pretty much nothing like Monster Hunter.  Battling is real time, but it's still menu based and not very much like Monster Hunter.  Unlike Monster Hunter which doesn't have a real story, Xenoblade had an intricate plot, wonderful characters, progression, and so on.  Not a knock on MH, just a very very different game.

This is all assuming that the game is like its predecessor of course.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NiKKoM said:
I enjoyed the top video more

Yeah, it looks much more life-like

Yeah, it's more photorealistic, WiiU can't definitely handle it.

what I don't like is that they have realistic grass in the CG but cartoony grass in-game :P

why not just have cartoony grass in the CG as well?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

JWeinCom said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:

I think it's a preference thing.  The game REALLY looks like the old Genesis Sonic games.  Really bold colors and a little blocky (in an intentional way).  I never owned a Sega system till Dreamcast, so I'm much more of a fan of that art style.  A little more realistic and muted.  I'll probably get used to it. 

No need to focus on the negative though.  After seeing the gameplay I'm really really excited to try this.  I hope they make it one of the playable E3 demos.

I'm with ya here. I just loves fantasy stuff that looks realistic. Colors and Generations were simply awesome in that regard, so it is kind of a shame they're moving away from that, but I guess I'll live. Also, I too hope it's one of the best buy demos, but at the same time I don't since I already know I'm gonna buy this, being a huge sonic fan n all. Part of me would rather play games that I'm not sold on or very interested in really like Project X or the wonderful 101. I won't mind one bit either way though. ;)

As much as I'm looking forward to X, I don't think it's the kind of game that would work well in a 15 minute burst.  If you're not interested in X though, you should be.  Unless you hate RPGs. 

X is an RPG? From what I saw it reminded me of Monster Hunter, a game I was never really interested in.

Pretty much nothing like Monster Hunter.  Battling is real time, but it's still menu based and not very much like Monster Hunter.  Unlike Monster Hunter which doesn't have a real story, Xenoblade had an intricate plot, wonderful characters, progression, and so on.  Not a knock on MH, just a very very different game.

I'm confused, are you all talking about Fire Emblem X shin Megami Tensei, or X.

Roma said:
what I don't like is that they have realistic grass in the CG but cartoony grass in-game :P

Well the game part is gameplay.

The cinematic parts are cinematic.

It actually makes sense to Mii for them to have it this way, because when you are playing the game, you are playing a game, but when you are watching a cinematic, you are watching a movie kind-of.

Around the Network

Nice. Looks like another great WiiU exclusive.

archbrix said:
Nice. Looks like another great WiiU exclusive.

It's on both the Wii U & 3DS, like Monster Hunter 3 Definitive Version & Super Smash Bros. 8th Gen.

Kaizar said:
Roma said:

Well the game part is gameplay.

The cinematic parts are cinematic.

It actually makes sense to Mii for them to have it this way, because when you are playing the game, you are playing a game, but when you are watching a cinematic, you are watching a movie kind-of.

but the art would be more consistent

I mean everything ells but the grass looks cartoony in the CG as well

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Kaizar said:
JWeinCom said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm confused, are you all talking about Fire Emblem X shin Megami Tensei, or X.

The one more easily associated with Xenoblade.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

f you want the details, click that read more button.

Levels include ‘Wind Hill’ & ‘Desert Ruins’
Desert Ruins consists of a Cake, Candy and sweet themed environment.
Sonic builds up speed slowly, the player decides when he wants to go faster and then with another button decides when he wants to unleash the next level of speed.
Parkor system, designed to allow players to navigate objects at speed without coming to a dead stop.
Wisp’s are back, as are the wisp powers.
2 player “support” mode confirmed.
Sonic is the only playable character.
Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear in the story, they are not playable.
The planet is called ‘Lost Hex.’
Rescuing animals will influence various unlockable content.
Red Rings are back.
Gold cannons are used to unlock secret/alternative paths.