By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's weak side (portables) outselling Nintendo's (consoles) by 50% in 2013 - We do NOT need to talk about this

EricFabian said:
RenCutypoison said:
pokoko said:
They're going to need to bring the PSP back to the main page. It's amazing how well it's hanging on. Sony has to be relatively pleased how well it's performing in some markets.

I'm a bit surprised that the Wii isn't bigger in those same markets, the way the PS2 was for many years. Does Nintendo push hard in developing countries?

For example, in africa, everybody plays on phones, cause they don't need tvs and computers. But cellphones are useful.

There are markets totally different from hours, and maybe these markets don't wanna pay hundreds of dollars in wii accessories. Or just prefer to play on the go.

BTW PS2 has a lot of success in south america right now

not a lot of sucess, but still has decent sales. 

and how do you know that people don't need tvs and pc on Africa? o.o

I read a blog on gamasutra by an african developper that explained all this. He also said that games are not interesting if it's not educative down there. No matter how fun it is. Can't find the source anymore but I think it was a guy from Leti Games

Around the Network

Comparing sales of one company´s handhelds and another company´s home consoles doesn´t make much sense. There´s no conclusion from that.

And the title is very, very misleading. Should be posted like "Sony´s weak side compared to Nintendo´s weak side". The way it is, seems like something tailored for irritating Nintendo fans and then, flaming fanboy wars again.

PSP/Vita should be compared  to 3DS/DS.

KungKras said:
Not really. The Wii U will get big first party games. The Vita.... not so much.

After or before the U is raped by the 2 800 pund gorillas?Just curious, how much effect do you think Pikmin 3 or a new 3D Mario will have when big hitters like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty arrive on the PS4 and 720?

OT: shows how strong a barnd the PS still is in developing countries GG!

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

pezus said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Somini said:
It's funny how many people declare Sony's portables to be doing bad, and at the same time find Nintendo's console sales great!

The double standards!

What bizarro world are you living in? Nobody is impressed with Wii U's sales.

Wii and DS sales have seen a massive decline. But still trounce Sony portables in software sales.

Since PSP hardware sales were so massively off it's a pretty safe bet that the tracking here of software sales isn't to be trusted. Anyone got software shipments from Sony?

Perhaps. But at retailers a PSP section kinda don't exist anymore. To the contrary, you'll still see plenty of Wii games on display.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

No need to talk about this. But we'll revisit it come christmas!

Just kidding those are some interesting figures.

Around the Network
Somini said:

Do you ever stay on topic? This discussion is about hardware NOT software.

Make a thread, if you wanna talk software sales.

I think the Wii trouncing the PSP and Vita combined in software sales is a point worth noting.

Lets not act like its completely off topic.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Somini said:

I think the Wii trouncing the PSP and Vita combined in software sales is a point worth noting.

No one is acting here, maybe you are? The topic is clearly hardware ONLY. You have a habit of posting off topic, this is why i told you to stop, BEFORE you start your usual derailing.

Somini said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Somini said:

No one is acting here, maybe you are? The topic is clearly hardware ONLY. You have a habit of posting off topic, this is why i told you to stop, BEFORE you start your usual derailing.

I mentioned something in regards to sales on the same hardware in question.

Shhhhh... just move on if you don't want to talk about it. Simmer down.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Somini said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Somini said:

I mentioned something in regards to sales on the same hardware in question.

Shhhhh... just move on if you don't want to talk about it. Simmer down.

stop quoting me then.

I hope you continue updating this thread. I'll like to see the results at the end of the year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile