By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

Out of the 8 exclusive IPs, how many are 1st party and how many are 3rd party?

EDIT:

Does it come with Smartglass or sold seperatley or is it just using tablets & smartphones for Smartglass functionality?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Slimebeast said:

Could you elaborate?

I watched the whole conference, but since the Kinect/interactivity stuff seemed like a repeat from past MS E3s I was kinda half asleep.

But I know that much, that if there really was a box that was very slick, very plug-and-play and user-friendly and who would get cable-TV support in my country, I would be interested in that kind of box. By intuition and experience I just know that most "boxes" are more cumbersume than they are user-friendly, including Kinect 1.0, modern TVs (damn they lag!), cable-set-top-boxes and obviously desktop PCs.

The majority of it was voice activated, with some stuff using the hands.

No jumping around. No need for the legs.

Just what youd expect.

The main problem with his post was that he simply didnt watch it. If he did, hed have known what it was doing. Hed have known that you only need one box to do all these things. The advantage over a TV remote is, that the TV remote only works on the TV. Kinect will work your TV and your Xbox.

That's where I see the problem come in. How can the Xbox control all your TV broadcasts? What if I have one TV account with a cable provider and one TV signal that comes from the national "free" TV? The Xbox won't even know that the national TV channels exist, that's what I'm afraid of.

Andrespetmonkey said:

I don't think this has been discussed... why Xbox One?

I think it's refering to the 'One System to Rule them all.'

Multi Media, TV, Movies, Music, Games, Skype, Video Conferancing, Exercise, all those sorts of things controled with either your voice, gesture, smart glass, or controller.

I think the stuff they showed will have much appeal in the USA.  I hope to see some more games - i.e. things other than sports games, at E3.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Until we know all the games this doesnt mean much. Most of these are probably casual or kinect games sadly.

drkohler said:
sales2099 said:

Well thats just laughably wrong. Its mostly voice commands, and allows you to multitask tv with games and other entertainment apps. Nothing wrong with that at all. lol seriously....

I hope you are watching the ign aftertalk because Peter Molyneux just brought up all the problems I hinted at. He just nailed it precisely: You need to bring out THE Kinect2 game, all this yelling and waving at the tv is lost without THE game.  (And guess what - no mention of Kinect2 in this conference - that black thing next to the console could have been an old Kinect and noone would have noticed).

And do you REALLY think the first guy performed all the stuff in real-time without back-up (of course he wasn't as clumsy as the original, faked Kinect reveal was)?

Do you have a link to that show and is it like Gametrailers where you can rewind the show back in time? Do u have a time-stamp for Molyneyx?

Around the Network
POE said:
Areym said:
POE said:
Areym said:
POE said:
platformmaster918 said:
POE said:
I think the presentation was a little disapointing. For now i´ll stick with my Wii U that hopefully will have a bunch of new games by the end of the year.
The PS4 is not an option.

why isn't ps4 an option?  I'm getting WiiU in 2014 and PS4 this year

You should buy the Wii U this year and the PS4 next year.
And the PS4 is not an option because it´s the same FPS box but with better graphics, and for that i have a PC.

Assuming FPS = first person shooter in the context of your post:

You're kidding. Like, you are honestly kidding. You're joking with us, it has to be for somebody to say something to blatantly...wrong.

Im not.
But you can do whatever you like. You can keep playing the same games with the same control for the rest of your life.
I like to try new experiences.
And NO, better graphics and a SHARE button are not what i´d call "new".

The same games? The SAME games? PlayStation has had many new games out this gen. New worlds, new experiences, new characters, new stories. I'm sure you know the list but the PlayStation consoles have never been "FPS" boxes, or at least the PS3 was not. Nintendo has also had many new IP during the Wii but you cannot honestly talk about PlayStation having the same games with Mario and Zelda still knocking around.

Both of those franchises have critically acclaimed games and deserving of every award, but they are as ancient as gaming itself and they are still the most prevalent of the Nintendo franchises.

Now you tell me how does a tablet "revolutionize" gaming? I'm all ears, I really wanna hear this one. 

Im sure you haven´t tried the Wii U gamepad. You should.
But again, you are free to do as you like.  If you wanna keep doing the same thing until you die, that´s your choice.

Wow. Truly outstanding and detailed response. Thank you. 

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

drkohler said:

Just ended... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/watch-the-xbox-reveal-event-live-on-ign

Thanks. It's on loop right now. So hopefully, it will be on again a little later (after the reveal repeat).

pezus said:
I just watched it now and I only have One question: Will they make sure all this works worldwide or is it focused on USA/UK/Big European countries? For me, all this voice stuff is not a selling point, since I doubt they will translate it to every language out there.

On IGN it seems like most of the TV stuff will be USA only.  Not sure if true though.

pezus said:
I just watched it now and I only have One question: Will they make sure all this works worldwide or is it focused on USA/UK/Big European countries? For me, all this voice stuff is not a selling point, since I doubt they will translate it to every language out there.

They are working, I belive, to add more langagues. Kinect launched with only three, but now supports the following:

Locale Language
Australia English
Canada English
Canada French
France French
Germany German
Ireland English
Italy Italian
Japan Japanese
Mexico Spanish
New Zealand English
Spain Spanish
United Kingdom English
United States English

Hopefully they will add yours too!  It is a nice thing to have, and I could see how frustrating it would be to not support your language.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Shout 'xbox play movie' while online in COD.. everyone stops dead in their tracks while they scramble to switch back to the game..