By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

thx1139 said:
Judging anything on the 1st reveal of the 1st games released on either the PS4 or the Xbox One is silly and shortsighted. From everything we have seen the consoles will be as close as any 2 leading consoles have ever been.

With that in mind it is the what else do the consoles do that will really be the differentiation. For me the Xbox One multimedia entertainment services is exactly what my family wants. We used our Xbox 360 as our main entertainment box in the house. The most frustrating thing is switching between services because of the time required to unload NetFlix and then load Hulu or YouTube or Xbox Video/Music. That is gone and then the ability to control your Cable box (Hopefully DirectTV as well or bye bye DirectTV) and add content is just totally awesome.

People dont seem to understand how powerful a draw the NFL with integrated Fantasy Football will be. Fantasy Football is an addiction in the US and it is growing. This sort of experience is the future and the Xbox One right now is leading it. Gone are the days of counting pixels in games. Haven't we seen over the last 2 generations that the box with the absolute best hardware specs wasn't the winner and the next generation wont be different especially with these consoles so nearly exactly the same hardware spec wise.

I don't see the fantasy stuff as very essential for anyone.  Is it really that hard to look on your phone or computer?  Hell I don't even check fantasy stuff once the lineups are set cause I can't do anything about it then.  I wait till the Sunday games are done and see how my guys did...on my computer...or my phone...or if I had a tablet I could do that.  Multitasking was cool but I'm sure PS4 will be able to do it only you'll no use your voice or have to wave around (not saying either is better but it doesn't make a big different either way).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I am left with some mixed feelings after watching the entire thing.

I like the look of the console and LOVE the look of the controller. Looks very nice and well built IMO. The "Snap" features looks pretty cool as far as TV and multi-tasking goes as well. I am also super excited about the 25 exclusive titles and 8 new IPS as well. and it was a HUGE move on Europe to get exclusive content for FIFA!

But other than that I was kind of under whelmed with the conference. It is WAY TOO early to say but it looks like the focus is MUCH more on TV and stuff than games and that kind of scares me. COD Ghosts was okay I guess and I hope it does something new or Black Ops 2 will be my last purchased COD title for a long time. Because ti is never really "new" so to speak. Anyway I am holding out and waiting for a very heavy GAME filled E3 from both Sony and Microsoft!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

platformmaster918 said:
thx1139 said:
Judging anything on the 1st reveal of the 1st games released on either the PS4 or the Xbox One is silly and shortsighted. From everything we have seen the consoles will be as close as any 2 leading consoles have ever been.

With that in mind it is the what else do the consoles do that will really be the differentiation. For me the Xbox One multimedia entertainment services is exactly what my family wants. We used our Xbox 360 as our main entertainment box in the house. The most frustrating thing is switching between services because of the time required to unload NetFlix and then load Hulu or YouTube or Xbox Video/Music. That is gone and then the ability to control your Cable box (Hopefully DirectTV as well or bye bye DirectTV) and add content is just totally awesome.

People dont seem to understand how powerful a draw the NFL with integrated Fantasy Football will be. Fantasy Football is an addiction in the US and it is growing. This sort of experience is the future and the Xbox One right now is leading it. Gone are the days of counting pixels in games. Haven't we seen over the last 2 generations that the box with the absolute best hardware specs wasn't the winner and the next generation wont be different especially with these consoles so nearly exactly the same hardware spec wise.

I don't see the fantasy stuff as very essential for anyone.  Is it really that hard to look on your phone or computer?  Hell I don't even check fantasy stuff once the lineups are set cause I can't do anything about it then.  I wait till the Sunday games are done and see how my guys did...on my computer...or my phone...or if I had a tablet I could do that.  Multitasking was cool but I'm sure PS4 will be able to do it only you'll no use your voice or have to wave around (not saying either is better but it doesn't make a big different either way).

Not going to argue about the convience of having the screen automatically show you that a player on your team just scored for you rather than having a phone or PC or table next to you.

Also you didnt pay attention this does not require a wave or voice to show you the Fantasy Updates. It uses the Xbox One to overlay the fantasy information over the game your are watching. Hell you dont even need to be watching a game to see the Fantasy Updates. I am a Bears Fan and mostly watch Bears games, I am interested in how my fantasy team is doing and wouldnt mind while I am watching something else or playing a game getting a NFL Fantasy Team update popup.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

kowenicki said:
Hynad said:
drkohler said:

Just ended... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/watch-the-xbox-reveal-event-live-on-ign

Thanks. It's on loop right now. So hopefully, it will be on again a little later (after the reveal repeat).

its on xbox.com

you can select it from the start.

The part from IGN is on XBox.com?

Because I watched the reveal , live, on XBox.com already. =P

thx1139 said:
platformmaster918 said:
thx1139 said:

Not going to argue about the convience of having the screen automatically show you that a player on your team just scored for you rather than having a phone or PC or table next to you.

Also you didnt pay attention this does not require a wave or voice to show you the Fantasy Updates. It uses the Xbox One to overlay the fantasy information over the game your are watching. Hell you dont even need to be watching a game to see the Fantasy Updates. I am a Bears Fan and mostly watch Bears games, I am interested in how my fantasy team is doing and wouldnt mind while I am watching something else or playing a game getting a NFL Fantasy Team update popup.

I wasn't talking about Kinect for that I was talking about the general multitasking I think both will do.  I don't check my fantasy team on my phone and say to myself "man this is inconvenient" because it takes seconds.  Not a selling point because there's nothing to fix.  The best thing they showed was not having to switch inputs to switch from TV to games but is that worth a $400 box?  Not for me and again I don't think of it as a terrible inconvenience to press a button on my remote.  That's one of the easiest things I can do I don't see how it could get much easiers.  In other words these things are nice but not selling points over another console for me.  They're convenient but what we already do is convenient so it's not improving on that...at least not noticeably.  It's like how I won't use PS4 to check Facebook I'll use my phone because when I'm on my game console I'm using it to play games and not for other things that I can do on a million other devices very conveniently.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Okay this is WAY OFF topic but

I know I have not been POSTING on this site long but I have been following it and the members since early 2007 and either I am tripping or seeing things but did I just see SEECE post in this thread? I thought he was gone! Either way welcome back man!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

The multimedia features in this thing look just incredible. The ability to watch TV through the Xbox is great, especially since it uses its own guide that you can voice command around and set up favorites and it remembers what you like and also shows you what everyone else is watching. It sucks that it doesn't replace my cable box entirely, but it is essentially my cable box on steroids with all the superior guide features. I use FIOS and the guide is slow as hell and a pain in the ass to use.

The ability to multitask.. wow. If I can play a game and have TV up in the corner playing, that's incredible. I could play a game and keep an eye on a baseball game or something at the same time. I know they said you can browse the Internet or watch TV while queuing/searching for a match in a game, that is a game changer. For example right now in Guardians of Middle Earth on PS3 it sometimes takes 5-10 minutes to get into a game. If I can watch some ID crime drama and leave my game queuing up in the corner where I can see exactly when I get into a game, awesome.

The NFL fantasy football stat things, they already have this on satellite TV through Sunday Ticket but it's slow and a pain to set up. If this is easier and just pops up in the corner of the screen, nice. Even better would be if you can see the stats for everyone on your team and your opponent. This might have been the most mass appeal feature they showed. It will be incredibly successful.

Taking a wait and see approach on how all this no used games and always online shit is exactly going to work.

osed125 said:

Xbox One = American box

^This. Guess they are playing to their strengths because I don't see why anyone outside the USA would be excited for it at this point

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Nyleveia said:

Shout 'xbox play movie' while online in COD.. everyone stops dead in their tracks while they scramble to switch back to the game..

You could do so much trolling with voice commands.

I posted this on a mainstream news site - Sydney Morning Herald
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/microsoft-unveils-xbox-one-new-kinect-20130522-2jzp6.html#ixzz2TyUXI7oy

Sony lost me a long time ago, but I will say I was massively disappointed by the lack of backwards compatibility. This was a mistake Sony made transitioning first from PS2 to Ps3 , and one I thought Microsoft understood the significance of. In the age of devices, effectively shutting down someone's old service without letting them take their purchases to the new service, is incredibly shortsighted.

This current generation of console gaming has been the first to really push digital content/downloadable games, and many great titles have only been available via download. No physical copies, for real world money. Just like most every PC game, or app from the iTunes or android store you say - but with the important difference that when you get a new phone or computer - you're able to still play the stuff you bought without having to dig out your old device. I have literally hundreds of downloaded titles, in addition to DLC additions to games, with many, many, many still to be played/ completed. Sure, I'd probably die before I played most of them, but I would be reluctant to essentially"throw them away". I can keep SNES cartridges in a cupboard while the system of 20 years ago is packed away - not necessarily downloaded titles.

The inability to play 360 games, even just downloaded ones, is a massive disappointment to me. Its also turned me from day one purchaser of the New Xbox into "wait and see". And if I did, I'd be buying very little downloadable content - which MS made more from me this generation than they did selling me hardware and accessories.

Yeah - I expected a conference outlining features more than games - and wasn't disappointed with the conference as such - but I thought BC, or at least a BC solution (add on) - was part of the plan.

I guess it's still not too late to announce solutions, but going in - my confidence in digital delivery is massively dented.