By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

I enjoyed it.

None of the consoles have earned a purchase, yet.

Around the Network

cleary price of hdmi input hardwareand additional silicon for its tv features is going to offset any price advantage they had over using ddr3 instead of gddr5, i predict final retail prices being within $20 of each other.

pezus said:
"Always" online (every day), no lending games, most of the features probably won't work outside the major markets, less powerful than PS4, Kinect bundled with every console -> price will be high. Those are some of the negatives to me.

Of course, we don't know if Sony will do the same about used games and always online, but I at least highly doubt they'll go the always online route.

If Sony pulls the same shit MS does, I will buy a Wii U this year and go PC only (+Nintendo) for the rest of my life. Atleast Steam lets you be offline 30 days. And Games are really cheap. Also Online is free. And you never lose any games to backwards compatibility and can always upgrade. Collecting games seems pointless on Xbox 1, atleast alot of my games I bought in the past exceed the price for what I bought them. I am not even sure a Xbox 1, game will still work if I try to sell it 15 years later.

Netyaroze said:
pezus said:
"Always" online (every day), no lending games, most of the features probably won't work outside the major markets, less powerful than PS4, Kinect bundled with every console -> price will be high. Those are some of the negatives to me.

Of course, we don't know if Sony will do the same about used games and always online, but I at least highly doubt they'll go the always online route.

If Sony pulls the same shit MS does, I will buy a Wii U this year and go PC only (+Nintendo) for the rest of my life. Atleast Steam lets you be offline 30 days. And Games are really cheap. Also Online is free. And you never lose any games to backwards compatibility and can always upgrade. Collecting games seems pointless on Xbox 1, atleast alot of my games I bought in the past exceed the price for what I bought them. I am not even sure a Xbox 1, game will still work if I try to sell it 15 years later.

Until MS changes Windows calls and your games break because of it!  Compatability mode my arse.

darkknightkryta said:
Netyaroze said:
pezus said:

Until MS changes Windows calls and your games break because of it!  Compatability mode my arse.

Are you trying to make me even more depressed ? 

I hope Sony doesn't fuck up...  

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:
darkknightkryta said:
Netyaroze said:
pezus said:

I'm the one who should be depressed!  I spent a good 10 dollars on every Tomb Raider game on that Steam sale.  I can't play any but two of them.

darkknightkryta said:
Netyaroze said:
darkknightkryta said:
Netyaroze said:
pezus said:

I'm the one who should be depressed!  I spent a good 10 dollars on every Tomb Raider game on that Steam sale.  I can't play any but two of them.

tomb raider chronicles website has some patches up for steam version to make them run on modern windows versions

I thought the Halo series was actually going to be a TV series...not just a mini series!  I want like 100 episodes within the 5 year life of the console!

pokymon90 said:

I thought the Halo series was actually going to be a TV series...not just a mini series!  I want like 100 episodes within the 5 year life of the console!

Isn't that what it's going to be?

pokymon90 said:

You will require to pay for live gold in order to pay to watch it LMAO! :D