By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJsnv150ruc

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Nyleveia said:
slowmo said:
Nyleveia said:
slowmo said:
brendude13 said:
Nyleveia said:

Shout 'xbox play movie' while online in COD.. everyone stops dead in their tracks while they scramble to switch back to the game..

You could do so much trolling with voice commands.

Yeah but you really couldn't as the Kinect microphone filters the sound from the console output so it is not picked up.  This is also why you can use it to talk while gaming as the microphone filters all the game noise and only picks up your voice.  The misinformation on this site is getting ridiculous.

Hate to break it to you but it uses AEC to differentiate between game audio and ambient audio, to filter out background noise not dynamic audio processing, they simply disable certain voice hooks while running specific operations - this has it's caveats as the hundreds of people complaining about kinect messing up playback of the xbox one reveal on their console will confirm to you.

Hate to break it to you but what you stated cannot happen, not surprised you will not admit your wrong though.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353010/kinect-trouble-xbox-one-reveal

i guess a whole bunch of people are just telling the same lie then, right?

Funny how it didn't happen to mine or any of my friends who watched it who have Kinect either, so yes a whole bunch of people are either telling lies or (more likely) they haven't configured Kinect using the Kinect Tuner properly.  You're still wrong, your example wouldn't happen regardless.

My initial comment regarding ingame was done jokingly, most commands are disabled entirely (not even local users can use them), during games.

however the latter comment, which was the one you found fault with, was something a great deal of people had issue with.

Just because you and your friends didn't, doesnt meant it cant happen, that's like saying "rrod is a lie because i havent had it".

g911turbo said:
Hynad said:
g911turbo said:
Hynad said:
g911turbo said:
Hynad said:
g911turbo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
That conference was horrendous and did so much damage to the Xbox name, it will be interesting to see if it can recover from it come E3.

I hear the complaint about the conf wasn't for games. I don't think that is really the issue for anyone at the moment, it has more to do with the console hardware itself. Its so far Anti-Consumer its not even funny. Not to mention so much side talking it would make you dizzy.

-Doesn't block used games........but does require a mandatory fee to unlock one.
-Doesn't Require Online........but does need you to verify via internet every 24hrs of play that your game is legit. Oh and how exactly is "Cloud Computing" suppose to work if not consistantly online?
-Requires connect to function...really? WHY do this to yourself? What about that devices says that I should HAVE to have it plugged in for my console to function?
-The Design of the box itself, looks like I should be sticking VHS tapes in it. Worst....design...ever.
-Per Usual, the games that were shown, mostly multiplat. Forza looks nice, as does Quantum.
-Thing just screams over-engineered. So I am suppose to pay extra for basically a media hub adapter? You will basically be paying for MS to overlay their advertisements over your TV watching.
-Controller takes batteries.....again. Cannot believe they back peddled on this. I hear some weak argument that it takes less effort to change batteries once a month as opposed to plugging in once a day but rechargeable also saves you lots of money in the long run. My current controllers still last a few days without being plugged, and there is never the fear of not having any batteries to make them work.

I can't believe every single one of the Rumor nightmares came true. So at this rate, MS IS behind in game development by 6months. They will probably show up at E3 with "15 Exclusive" DLC packs for several large 3rd Party titles :/

could not be more bemused by this reveal....

I agree with a lot of your statements (especially the DRM crap!) except the ones in bold.  

I don't really think the design is that bad at all.  Its muted enough to not stand out like the 360 initially did (a good thing), yet sleek enough to look modern.  I think more people will like the design than not.  Sharp edges are in under the entertainment center.

You could argue the Wii U and PS4 are a bit over engineered too...  8GB of GDDR5?  Eye toy (rumored etc.)  Tablet in the controller? etc.  I don't mind the media functionality of the X1...

I PREFER batteries in my controller.  I actually hate plugging in my PS3 controller, expecially when I might leave the system unplayed for a while.  Then I come back to play a new game (God of war ascension for example) only to realize my controller is DEAD - talk about an absolute BUZZ KILL.  At least with batteries I can fix that in 20 seconds!  Speaking of which, you just reminded me to make sure my controller is charged for the TLoU haha.

Who prefers batteries... The PS4 will charge your controller even when the system isn't on. So that issue of yours is rendered moot.

What? So what happens if I forget to charge my controller?  Start playing, and my controller goes dead... now what?

Having an integrated battery pack has its advantages (light weight, sleek design), but the ability to be able to keep playing on a moments notice is not one of them.  I've actually had what I described above happen to me (when I bought GoW Ascension).  

That and batteries lose their charging cycle over time.   With removable batteries, I can just pitch the rechargables and get new ones.  With sealed battery pack, I would have to change the entire controller. 

There are pros and cons to either method, I prefer a removable battery/pack.  Or at the very least, let me charge my PS4 controller on ANY micro USB charger (better not be mini usb).  One thing I hated about the PS3 controller is that it needed to be plugged into either my PS3 or my laptop, not A/C.

What happens? You plug it into the console, and continue using it while it's charging... -__-

If the length of the cord is an issue, you go shop for a longer one online. Will cost you less than a pack of rechargeable batteries. ¬_¬

The issue about battery life is kinda stretching it. My original DS3 is still working just fine, and I don't need to plug it every day. And I got it 5 years or so ago.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying you're not the only one who's right ;)

I'm not saying your wrong either... I just don't understand the advantage. I see none. But that's me. 

It makes no difference in my life. =P

I think I would be 100 percent on board with you if I could just charge the controller with a wall outlet (vs a smart usb port on a computer or the ps3).  That way it would charge vaster and I wouldn't have to have a usb cord sticking out of my ps3.

I have a emergency charger for my iPhone, basically a box with a power button and a usb port , real small, real light, can charge my iphone from flat to full twice over, just slapping in a standard ps3 controller cable to that and turning it on happily charges the pad back up, doesn't matter if i'm gaming or not.

So i guess you're 100% on board now or something.

Also, good luck fixing the problem in 20 seconds if you realize you don't have any AA's spare / charged.

Also echoing Hynad's post, I've had a PS3 since JP launch (6 years now) my sixaxis as ancient as it is, still works fine and holds a charge virtually as well as it did from new, the batteries in sixaxis and DS3's are amazing and outlast pretty much ANY aa batterys you could use for 360.

Nyleveia said:
g911turbo said:
Hynad said:
g911turbo said:
Hynad said:
g911turbo said:
Hynad said:
g911turbo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
That conference was horrendous and did so much damage to the Xbox name, it will be interesting to see if it can recover from it come E3.

I hear the complaint about the conf wasn't for games. I don't think that is really the issue for anyone at the moment, it has more to do with the console hardware itself. Its so far Anti-Consumer its not even funny. Not to mention so much side talking it would make you dizzy.

-Doesn't block used games........but does require a mandatory fee to unlock one.
-Doesn't Require Online........but does need you to verify via internet every 24hrs of play that your game is legit. Oh and how exactly is "Cloud Computing" suppose to work if not consistantly online?
-Requires connect to function...really? WHY do this to yourself? What about that devices says that I should HAVE to have it plugged in for my console to function?
-The Design of the box itself, looks like I should be sticking VHS tapes in it. Worst....design...ever.
-Per Usual, the games that were shown, mostly multiplat. Forza looks nice, as does Quantum.
-Thing just screams over-engineered. So I am suppose to pay extra for basically a media hub adapter? You will basically be paying for MS to overlay their advertisements over your TV watching.
-Controller takes batteries.....again. Cannot believe they back peddled on this. I hear some weak argument that it takes less effort to change batteries once a month as opposed to plugging in once a day but rechargeable also saves you lots of money in the long run. My current controllers still last a few days without being plugged, and there is never the fear of not having any batteries to make them work.

I can't believe every single one of the Rumor nightmares came true. So at this rate, MS IS behind in game development by 6months. They will probably show up at E3 with "15 Exclusive" DLC packs for several large 3rd Party titles :/

could not be more bemused by this reveal....

I agree with a lot of your statements (especially the DRM crap!) except the ones in bold.  

I don't really think the design is that bad at all.  Its muted enough to not stand out like the 360 initially did (a good thing), yet sleek enough to look modern.  I think more people will like the design than not.  Sharp edges are in under the entertainment center.

You could argue the Wii U and PS4 are a bit over engineered too...  8GB of GDDR5?  Eye toy (rumored etc.)  Tablet in the controller? etc.  I don't mind the media functionality of the X1...

I PREFER batteries in my controller.  I actually hate plugging in my PS3 controller, expecially when I might leave the system unplayed for a while.  Then I come back to play a new game (God of war ascension for example) only to realize my controller is DEAD - talk about an absolute BUZZ KILL.  At least with batteries I can fix that in 20 seconds!  Speaking of which, you just reminded me to make sure my controller is charged for the TLoU haha.

Who prefers batteries... The PS4 will charge your controller even when the system isn't on. So that issue of yours is rendered moot.

What? So what happens if I forget to charge my controller?  Start playing, and my controller goes dead... now what?

Having an integrated battery pack has its advantages (light weight, sleek design), but the ability to be able to keep playing on a moments notice is not one of them.  I've actually had what I described above happen to me (when I bought GoW Ascension).  

That and batteries lose their charging cycle over time.   With removable batteries, I can just pitch the rechargables and get new ones.  With sealed battery pack, I would have to change the entire controller. 

There are pros and cons to either method, I prefer a removable battery/pack.  Or at the very least, let me charge my PS4 controller on ANY micro USB charger (better not be mini usb).  One thing I hated about the PS3 controller is that it needed to be plugged into either my PS3 or my laptop, not A/C.

What happens? You plug it into the console, and continue using it while it's charging... -__-

If the length of the cord is an issue, you go shop for a longer one online. Will cost you less than a pack of rechargeable batteries. ¬_¬

The issue about battery life is kinda stretching it. My original DS3 is still working just fine, and I don't need to plug it every day. And I got it 5 years or so ago.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying you're not the only one who's right ;)

I'm not saying your wrong either... I just don't understand the advantage. I see none. But that's me. 

It makes no difference in my life. =P

I think I would be 100 percent on board with you if I could just charge the controller with a wall outlet (vs a smart usb port on a computer or the ps3).  That way it would charge vaster and I wouldn't have to have a usb cord sticking out of my ps3.

I have a emergency charger for my iPhone, basically a box with a power button and a usb port , real small, real light, can charge my iphone from flat to full twice over, just slapping in a standard ps3 controller cable to that and turning it on happily charges the pad back up, doesn't matter if i'm gaming or not.

So i guess you're 100% on board now or something.

Also, good luck fixing the problem in 20 seconds if you realize you don't have any AA's spare / charged.

Also echoing Hynad's post, I've had a PS3 since JP launch (6 years now) my sixaxis as ancient as it is, still works fine and holds a charge virtually as well as it did from new, the batteries in sixaxis and DS3's are amazing and outlast pretty much ANY aa batterys you could use for 360.

Alright alright you guys have me converted lol... Well, to be honest the controller thing to me is no big deal either way.  And the design to me is OK.  Overengineered I can see a little... it does suck that you still need a cable box on top of the Xbox One.

But really, I think the biggest problem for me is going to be the DRM.  The other points in bold were just me playing devils advocate.  DRM dwarfs those concerns.

Nyleveia said:

My initial comment regarding ingame was done jokingly, most commands are disabled entirely (not even local users can use them), during games.

however the latter comment, which was the one you found fault with, was something a great deal of people had issue with.

Just because you and your friends didn't, doesnt meant it cant happen, that's like saying "rrod is a lie because i havent had it".

So the fact that the reason it happened is because those people affected didn't use the Kinect Tuner to setup their device properly is somehow a fault of the technology.  I still fail to see how this is the fault of Kinect when it quite clearly states numerous times during the setup process that you must run the Kinect tuner if the circumstances of your setup change.  It happened because people didn't follow the instructions, had they done so like my friends and I did then they wouldn't have had the issue.  I don't see what your problem is with admitting you were wrong. 

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJsnv150ruc

slowmo said:
Nyleveia said:

So the fact that the reason it happened is because those people affected didn't use the Kinect Tuner to setup their device properly is somehow a fault of the technology.  I still fail to see how this is the fault of Kinect when it quite clearly states numerous times during the setup process that you must run the Kinect tuner if the circumstances of your setup change.  It happened because people didn't follow the instructions, had they done so like my friends and I did then they wouldn't have had the issue.  I don't see what your problem is with admitting you were wrong. 

How am i wrong? I simply stated that people had issues with it, and provided proof of people having issues with it, as such i'm not wrong as im not claiming to have experienced it first hand, my 360 and kinect are currently 6000 miles away and probably staying 6000 miles away so i wont/cant check for myself.

Also, you're basing your view of if these claims are real or not on the assumption (yours, not mine) that these people only had problems because they failed to setup their devices correctly, that, as i said, is an assumption and unless you know *for a fact* that those users (including an editor for polygon) are inable to, or neglected to setup their devices correctly, then you can't really comment on it as if it IS a fact.

man-bear-pig said:

Now that's a good post for the news we got about the Xbox ONE.