By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

Slimebeast said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I don't think this has been discussed... why Xbox One?

Because it's a stroke of genious.

One is associated with being the winner. To be the best, to be on top.

Powerful.

Simple.

Rolls easy off the tongue in all languages.

So that's why Sony called it the Playstation 3...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
drkohler said:

Why buy a $500 tv controller? What is wrong with your $9.99 tv remote?

How many time per tv session would you typically  jump up and frantically wave your arms, legs (and other bodily parts) to switch channels/change loudness/change brightness? How much rope and bandage would you provide to your fellow watchers to gag and tie them so Kinect does NOT react to their random movements?

This whole concept is just downright silly once you think about it a little closer...

You obviously didnt watch the conference

Could you elaborate?

I watched the whole conference, but since the Kinect/interactivity stuff seemed like a repeat from past MS E3s I was kinda half asleep.

But I know that much, that if there really was a box that was very slick, very plug-and-play and user-friendly and who would get cable-TV support in my country, I would be interested in that kind of box. By intuition and experience I just know that most "boxes" are more cumbersume than they are user-friendly, including Kinect 1.0, modern TVs (damn they lag!), cable-set-top-boxes and obviously desktop PCs.

To be honest with you, not that impressed. The name is very strange, and the console itself looks a little bit clunky.
However I'm sure what's inside will be good.
I know E3 is around the corner, but I do think the PS4 will edge in quality exclusive games like they have in the past.

Slimebeast said:
nnodley said:
Didn't see this reading through the comments but Xbox One will not have backwards compatibility.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-not-backwards-compatible

It's a smart move in my opinion. BC is overrated and it would just made the console more expensive, especially for that crucial launch window. Just like Sony they can easily provide BC through the cloud.

Yeah, I don't care for BC, but some people like it.  Only in the first year of a console is it really a big deal, then people slowly forget about it.

Slimebeast said:

Could you elaborate?

I watched the whole conference, but since the Kinect/interactivity stuff seemed like a repeat from past MS E3s I was kinda half asleep.

But I know that much, that if there really was a box that was very slick, very plug-and-play and user-friendly and who would get cable-TV support in my country, I would be interested in that kind of box. By intuition and experience I just know that most "boxes" are more cumbersume than they are user-friendly, including Kinect 1.0, modern TVs (damn they lag!), cable-set-top-boxes and obviously desktop PCs.

The majority of it was voice activated, with some stuff using the hands.

No jumping around. No need for the legs.

Just what youd expect.

The main problem with his post was that he simply didnt watch it. If he did, hed have known what it was doing. Hed have known that you only need one box to do all these things. The advantage over a TV remote is, that the TV remote only works on the TV. Kinect will work your TV and your Xbox.

Around the Network
Areym said:
POE said:
Areym said:
POE said:
platformmaster918 said:
POE said:
I think the presentation was a little disapointing. For now i´ll stick with my Wii U that hopefully will have a bunch of new games by the end of the year.
The PS4 is not an option.

why isn't ps4 an option?  I'm getting WiiU in 2014 and PS4 this year

You should buy the Wii U this year and the PS4 next year.
And the PS4 is not an option because it´s the same FPS box but with better graphics, and for that i have a PC.

Assuming FPS = first person shooter in the context of your post:

You're kidding. Like, you are honestly kidding. You're joking with us, it has to be for somebody to say something to blatantly...wrong.

Im not.
But you can do whatever you like. You can keep playing the same games with the same control for the rest of your life.
I like to try new experiences.
And NO, better graphics and a SHARE button are not what i´d call "new".

The same games? The SAME games? PlayStation has had many new games out this gen. New worlds, new experiences, new characters, new stories. I'm sure you know the list but the PlayStation consoles have never been "FPS" boxes, or at least the PS3 was not. Nintendo has also had many new IP during the Wii but you cannot honestly talk about PlayStation having the same games with Mario and Zelda still knocking around.

Both of those franchises have critically acclaimed games and deserving of every award, but they are as ancient as gaming itself and they are still the most prevalent of the Nintendo franchises.

Now you tell me how does a tablet "revolutionize" gaming? I'm all ears, I really wanna hear this one. 

Im sure you haven´t tried the Wii U gamepad. You should.
But again, you are free to do as you like.  If you wanna keep doing the same thing until you die, that´s your choice.

this post has been moderated by Axumblade

almost forgot. Did anyone else want to see illumiroom, they had nothing on that at all.

sales2099 said:

Well thats just laughably wrong. Its mostly voice commands, and allows you to multitask tv with games and other entertainment apps. Nothing wrong with that at all. lol seriously....

I hope you are watching the ign aftertalk because Peter Molyneux just brought up all the problems I hinted at. He just nailed it precisely: You need to bring out THE Kinect2 game, all this yelling and waving at the tv is lost without THE game.  (And guess what - no mention of Kinect2 in this conference - that black thing next to the console could have been an old Kinect and noone would have noticed).

And do you REALLY think the first guy performed all the stuff in real-time without back-up (of course he wasn't as clumsy as the original, faked Kinect reveal was)?

drkohler said:
sales2099 said:

Well thats just laughably wrong. Its mostly voice commands, and allows you to multitask tv with games and other entertainment apps. Nothing wrong with that at all. lol seriously....

I hope you are watching the ign aftertalk because Peter Molyneux just brought up all the problems I hinted at.

And do you REALLY think the first guy performed all the stuff in real-time without back-up (of course he wasn't as clumsy as the original, faked Kinect reveal was)?

The aftertalk with Molyneux... is it available on video already, or was it just streamed? Please, link.

Just ended... http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/watch-the-xbox-reveal-event-live-on-ign