By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE. Multitasking. 15 exclusives in year 1, 8 of them are new IP's. Halo mini series (Spielberg), NFL deal. FIFA and COD exclusive content.

I can't wait to see what Microsoft has lined up for E3. Lots of games still to show off and probably some more features (changes to achievements and friends lists, that sort of thing).

Around the Network
Talal said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

I don't think this has been discussed... why Xbox One?

Because it's pronounced Xbox Won. :p

Yes, indeed. And when people play on their console... They say, "I'm playing on my 360".

Now... It will be "I'm playing on my One." =P

Or "that game in only on the One". I can see this name being used in very clever way down the line.

Didn't see this reading through the comments but Xbox One will not have backwards compatibility.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-not-backwards-compatible

Carl2291 said:
So, anyone got any news on how the TV services will work outside of America.

I want all that stuff with Sky. It will be glorious.

Why buy a $500 tv controller? What is wrong with your $9.99 tv remote?

How many time per tv session would you typically  jump up and frantically wave your arms, legs (and other bodily parts) to switch channels/change loudness/change brightness? How much rope and bandage would you provide to your fellow watchers to gag and tie them so Kinect does NOT react to their random movements?

This whole concept is just downright silly once you think about it a little closer...

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

If they want it to be successful they're gonna have to get much more than just Sky on board. *cough* Virgin please *cough*

Sky, Virgin... So much potential over here.

Around the Network

Glad to see you Seece. Have you made a thread yet announcing your come-back?

drkohler said:

How many time per tv session would you typically  jump up and frantically wave your arms, legs (and other bodily parts) to switch channels/change loudness/change brightness? How much rope and bandage would you provide to your fellow watchers to gag and tie them so Kinect does NOT react to their random movements?

This whole concept is just downright silly once you think about it a little closer...

You obviously didnt watch the conference

drkohler said:
Carl2291 said:

Well thats just laughably wrong. Its mostly voice commands, and allows you to multitask tv with games and other entertainment apps. Nothing wrong with that at all. lol seriously....

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

nnodley said:
Didn't see this reading through the comments but Xbox One will not have backwards compatibility.

It's a smart move in my opinion. BC is overrated and it would just made the console more expensive, especially for that crucial launch window. Just like Sony they can easily provide BC through the cloud.

Slimebeast said:
nnodley said:

It's a smart move in my opinion. BC is overrated and it would just made the console more expensive, especially for that crucial launch window. Just like Sony they can easily provide BC through the cloud.

But BC is a potentiall system seller, you know. People who skipped a generation entirely can now purchase a brand new console and play those three or four games they've missed.