By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real question: Will PS4 outsell the 3DS on a regular basis or in the long run?

bobgamez said:
spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
No. 3DS is a beast

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

3DS sold 230k last month in america, without pokemon, animal crossing, and super smash brothers. And in the years ahead we will see price drops, new models, new colors, the ds going away leaving the 3ds alone. 3DS will dominate the ps4 easily without a question in my mind, especially considering that 400 is the absolutle lowest the ps4 will be when it debuts.

Where did you get that 3DS sold 230,000 in March? Also, it had Luigi's Mansion, MH3U and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. So, yeah...

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
i still dont see why people consider the ps4 so mighty ...they had a good conference and thats all who knows what will happen next..sony will have a good launch with good games but what happens after no one knows..

I dont see the 3DS selling over 100mil. neither the PS4 its hard to tell until we se proof that the PS4 is really such a beast a cheap beast i hope

The Playstation brand is only as good as its strengths and it doesn't have very many weaknesses. Sony couples strong third party support with great first party support which puts it at a higher chance of producing. The question is in each given gen can that product sell? I am sure they've learned from their mistakes this gen for sure. If the PS3 brand wasn't powerful, it wouldn't have sold 70 M+ consoles in their worst gen ever. Put that up against Microsoft and Nintendos track record and you've got a sheep of a whole other color. 

_crazy_man_ said:
kljesta64 said:
i still dont see why people consider the ps4 so mighty ...they had a good conference and thats all who knows what will happen next..sony will have a good launch with good games but what happens after no one knows..

I dont see the 3DS selling over 100mil. neither the PS4 its hard to tell until we se proof that the PS4 is really such a beast a cheap beast i hope

This is the biggest factor in my book.  Could make or break the PS4, I can't honestly predict how it will fare until I know this.

it is a factor but not a big one as people think i mean ps3 is doing good but my main concern is every sony console genaration had a new disc drive from dvr dvd and now blueray ...and that is and was a selling factor..what with the ps4 ? it will have BD but it wont be cheap as the ps3 is right now..todays consoles simply dont sell just because they have awesome games there is more to it. 

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Really? It was not marketed towards the casual market. Mainly core games are released for it. By core games, I mean games that Casual gamers probably will not care about. The casual games that were released for it, have not done well so far.

Tomodachi, Marios, Luigis and Animal Crossing. All casual games. When a casual buys a Nintendo system, what game do you think s/he buys?

Tales, Dragon Quest, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Mario 3D, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Star Fox, etc

All casuals games, of course

Click HERE and be happy 

Lawlight said:
bobgamez said:
spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
No. 3DS is a beast

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

3DS sold 230k last month in america, without pokemon, animal crossing, and super smash brothers. And in the years ahead we will see price drops, new models, new colors, the ds going away leaving the 3ds alone. 3DS will dominate the ps4 easily without a question in my mind, especially considering that 400 is the absolutle lowest the ps4 will be when it debuts.

Where did you get that 3DS sold 230,000 in March? Also, it had Luigi's Mansion, MH3U and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. So, yeah...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158844

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kljesta64 said:

The Playstation brand is only as good as its strengths and it doesn't have very many weaknesses. Sony couples strong third party support with great first party support which puts it at a higher chance of producing. The question is in each given gen can that product sell? I am sure they've learned from their mistakes this gen for sure.

i dont see what there is to learn ..if they are making a bulletproof console then it must be high priced right ? if they make it weak then it wont sell either as much as we all hope..adn they did fairly well with ps3 im sure they are all satisfied at sony

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Really? It was not marketed towards the casual market. Mainly core games are released for it. By core games, I mean games that Casual gamers probably will not care about. The casual games that were released for it, have not done well so far.

Tomodachi, Marios, Luigis and Animal Crossing. All casual games. When a casual buys a Nintendo system, what game do you think s/he buys?

... I don't know if you're joking or just incredibly misinformed.

EricFabian said:
Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

Tales, Dragon Quest, Lego City, Monster Hunter, Mario 3D, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Star Fox, etc

Mario 3D, Lego City and Dragon Quest, most definitely. Capcom learnt their lesson with RE:R - good thing that it's coming to the other systems. And I guess you could say Tales, Zelda and SF ports make it target the core gamers more.

Nah

When PS4 settles after the holidays, its probably going to sell between 130-180k on average each week with the rumored $429.99 price tag

Edit: OH SH!T!! I didnt realize that the 3DS was selling around 150k each week.

Lawlight said:
EricFabian said:
Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

Mario 3D, Lego City and Dragon Quest, most definitely. Capcom learnt their lesson with RE:R - good thing that it's coming to the other systems. And I guess you could say Tales, Zelda and SF ports make it target the core gamers more.

You have never played any of those games have you?

If you're going to claim 3D Mario is a casual game, you may as well just say every game in the industry is a casual game.