By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real question: Will PS4 outsell the 3DS on a regular basis or in the long run?

....No? Absolutely not?

Did you notice how the original DS has sold over double of the PS3? And that the 3DS is outselling the DS in terms of time frame, and that the DS is the most sold console ever?

Around the Network

I personally think the PS4 will be a disaster in at least one territory and possibly two (depending on the launch of the nextbox), so no: I don't think the PS4 will regularly do higher numbers than the 3DS.

Phoenix_Wiight said:
....No? Absolutely not?

Did you notice how the original DS has sold over double of the PS3? And that the 3DS is outselling the DS in terms of time frame, and that the DS is the most sold console ever?

So do you imply that the 3DS will outsell the DS? 

OT. Tricky question, too early to say if I would have to guess right now, given the sales will divide with the next xbox I would say no.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I can potentially see PS4 outselling 3DS, but not until 3DS starts to wind down.

Long run though, 3DS might not. I have a weird feeling this handheld gen won't be as long as the 2004-2011 one.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

No. 3DS is a beast

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Do you make any serious threads?

spurgeonryan said:

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

The 3DS is no longer just huge in Japan. It's growing quickly in the America's and Europe. Have you seen the recent weekly numbers? They are quite nice compared to what it used to do.

I love your confidence about PS4 sales. We know almost nothing about the PS4, and even less about 720.

There is nothing we know about the PS4 that implies it will sell as well as you think it will.

Lets be honest the 3DS atm is at 30 million+ and only growing each year with some of the best games still to come this year. Pokemon alone will push the console into the 40s,as with the PS4 just starting out with hardly any games in least the first year of its life working out the bugs and getting better games i can see by time the PS4 hits 5 million the 3DS will be around 50 million. Can you really see the PS4 making for for such a large gap from a 170 dollar console vs maybe a 400 to 500 dollar console?

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
spurgeonryan said:

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

The 3DS is no longer just huge in Japan. It's growing quickly in the America's and Europe. Have you seen the recent weekly numbers? They are quite nice compared to what it used to do.

Yes, I am feeling much better about it as of late. Especially when the 3DS game wall is constantly selling out at my Walmart.

But it has not been beasting for that long. I would like to see it do this for at least six months before I trust it.

Animal Crossing, Pokemon

Click HERE and be happy