By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real question: Will PS4 outsell the 3DS on a regular basis or in the long run?

spurgeonryan said:

VS   

The PS2 already had problems handling the little DS. Plus, everyone is so interested if the PS4 will take out the 720 and Wii U. I think it is obvious that the PS4 is going to destroy both of these two systems.

But there is a wrench in the gears. The now Mighty 3DS. Once again it is going to come down to the two giants. Little itty bitty 3DS vs the mighty PS4.

Sure the 3DS will have a huge lead when the PS4 releases, but so did the PS2 when the DS came out. Yet, by the end of the generation, the DS would close that gap and threaten the PS2's unbreakable record.

What will happen this time around? Will Sony's wonder system be able to handle what the 3DS is going to bring on us in sales?

PS4 hasn't got any possibility to outsell 3DS, there's too much competition in home console market and the Japan is tto huge in terms of sales for the handhelds to let PS4 go close to the 3DS life sales.

AstroMaSSi rules

Around the Network

Two different markets. Nintendo handhelds have always sold well, but none on the level the DS and 3DS. Unless the 3DS happens to worse than the DS, which it might but also might not, and the PS4 picks it up and sells PS2 levels, then no chance.

The only way the PS4 has a chance is if that a lot of 360 fans jump ship and go Playstation exclusive, and while I hear some people who are 360 fans that switched sides mid gen, it's a small majority online. More than likely the PS4 and Next Box will be neck and neck next gen with PS4 having a slight lead. So Next Box sales will keep the PS4 from selling as much as the PS2.

PS4 outsell.. yeh ermm.... sure ...okay why not..

... so so much confidence on the ps4.. dis gon b gud.

First of all, why would you even compare a handeld and living room console?

These are two different uses, two different markets, two different budgets....

ironmanDX said:
Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Lol, I came from a link in another thread to find this. Casual system... I'm playing on the DS lite now. I am not a casual gamer. Hilarious.

You're not. So? Doesn't mean that the majority of DS owners aren't casuals. Just look at the number of total game sales the DS has.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
ironmanDX said:
Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Lol, I came from a link in another thread to find this. Casual system... I'm playing on the DS lite now. I am not a casual gamer. Hilarious.

You're not. So? Doesn't mean that the majority of DS owners aren't casuals. Just look at the number of total game sales the DS has.

I understand that you haven't been here that long but usually the one with an outlandish claim like 3DS is a casual console come up and produce their own links to back up their own point and not ask people too "just look".

Lawlight said:
ironmanDX said:
Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:

Casual system? No

What is your idea of a ''Casual Game''.

3DS will win hands down. That should'nt even be a question and this is coming from a guy that's everything playstation.

Consoles are done in Japan and Playstation has lost it's brand awareness in the United States. So no, I do not believe it will outsell the 3DS or even come close to it.

No, not until PS4 hits £200/ £250 from whatever it's launch price is, at least. 3DS will continue to pick up, as there is lots of titles coming out. At least, i hope so.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018