By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real question: Will PS4 outsell the 3DS on a regular basis or in the long run?

Lawlight said:
mii-gamer said:
Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Except for those types of games have not done that great on the 3DS, and it is on pace with the DS in sales pretty much right now.

We are not getting a thousand Style games and doctor games and whatever else. It is not a casual system.

The 3DS peaked earlier because of the price cut and XL. It won't reach the heights of the DS. You still have the Mario and Luigi games. Those are casual games.

oh dear........

these forums are turning into the n4g comment section

Interesting username and avatar you have there...

your point?

Around the Network

edit: wrong thread

Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Except for those types of games have not done that great on the 3DS, and it is on pace with the DS in sales pretty much right now.

We are not getting a thousand Style games and doctor games and whatever else. It is not a casual system.

The 3DS peaked earlier because of the price cut and XL. It won't reach the heights of the DS. You still have the Mario and Luigi games. Those are casual games.

No redesign yet.

No pokemon yet.

It has yet to peak.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

ps4 should outsell the 3ds in north america and europe quite easily, not japan though LOL

_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

No redesign yet.

No pokemon yet.

It has yet to peak.

I must have imagined the 3DS XL then...

Btw, how did the last Pokemon game do?

Around the Network

When talking redesign I'm talking a DS -> DS Lite kind of redesign.

What did the first mainline pokemon do for the DS? 

Diamond and Pearl sold over 18 million. 

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

A. is this a real question?
B. PS2 is ahead of the DS
C. nobody knows how any Next ten platform will go
D. i don't care

Soriku said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
A. is this a real question?
B. PS2 is ahead of the DS
C. nobody knows how any Next ten platform will go
D. i don't care

PS2 is ahead of the DS but the PS3 is way behind it.

D is a good answer though :P

yeah I agree with everything there and I loled

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Haha... assuming the PS4 is gonna be a sucess of the size of PS2 already?

The market changed alot. The Wii U has an advantage on it in the market and Microsoft is gonna launch their console at the same time. While i expect the PS4 to lead the market due to the undermining that was done to the Wii U by engine developers, it most certainly wont achieve the same level of sucess the PS2 did. The PS2 had a time advatage over the gamecube and the Xbox and was riding the wave over the sucess of the PS1. Also, the graphical improvements were very noticeable.

Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:

Casual system? No

Lol, I came from a link in another thread to find this. Casual system... I'm playing on the DS lite now. I am not a casual gamer. Hilarious.