By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real question: Will PS4 outsell the 3DS on a regular basis or in the long run?

Lawlight said:
walsufnir said:
Lawlight said:
bobgamez said:
spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
No. 3DS is a beast

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

3DS sold 230k last month in america, without pokemon, animal crossing, and super smash brothers. And in the years ahead we will see price drops, new models, new colors, the ds going away leaving the 3ds alone. 3DS will dominate the ps4 easily without a question in my mind, especially considering that 400 is the absolutle lowest the ps4 will be when it debuts.

Where did you get that 3DS sold 230,000 in March? Also, it had Luigi's Mansion, MH3U and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. So, yeah...

Wait until Pokemon gets released ;)

No doubt all the kids would want  a 3DS for that game.

I am uncertain why you keep on talking about "kids" (because even though it's false, it's not really important in the context of this thread), but regardless I can assure you that Pokemon is THE System Seller for handhelds. I've heard reaction from plenty of my friends looking to get 3DS' for that one game, and I know I'm not the only one. Sales could easily, and consistantly, double or more when the game launches. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
walsufnir said:
Lawlight said:
bobgamez said:
spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
No. 3DS is a beast

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

3DS sold 230k last month in america, without pokemon, animal crossing, and super smash brothers. And in the years ahead we will see price drops, new models, new colors, the ds going away leaving the 3ds alone. 3DS will dominate the ps4 easily without a question in my mind, especially considering that 400 is the absolutle lowest the ps4 will be when it debuts.

Where did you get that 3DS sold 230,000 in March? Also, it had Luigi's Mansion, MH3U and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. So, yeah...

I am uncertain why you keep on talking about "kids" (because even though it's false, it's not really important in the context of this thread), but regardless I can assure you that Pokemon is THE System Seller for handhelds. I've heard reaction from plenty of my friends looking to get 3DS' for that one game, and I know I'm not the only one. Sales could easily, and consistantly, double or more when the game launches. 

Come now. Pokemon is a game that targets kids. And kids are the biggest market for handhelds so yeah - Pokemon is THE handheld system seller.

Lawlight said:
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
walsufnir said:
Lawlight said:
bobgamez said:
spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
No. 3DS is a beast

Come now. Pokemon is a game that targets kids. And kids are the biggest market for handhelds so yeah - Pokemon is THE handheld system seller.

Whether or not that's true or not (I'd wager a lot of people interested in Pokemon are in their late teens/early 20s as well), as you say it is the system seller, which with regards to this thread is the only important factor, no?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This place needs more Awkward Zombie

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Except for those types of games have not done that great on the 3DS, and it is on pace with the DS in sales pretty much right now.

We are not getting a thousand Style games and doctor games and whatever else. It is not a casual system.

The 3DS peaked earlier because of the price cut and XL. It won't reach the heights of the DS. You still have the Mario and Luigi games. Those are casual games.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

VS   

The PS2 already had problems handling the little DS. Plus, everyone is so interested if the PS4 will take out the 720 and Wii U. I think it is obvious that the PS4 is going to destroy both of these two systems. ...

I think PS3 can match it during the year but holidays 3DS will make a gap.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Except for those types of games have not done that great on the 3DS, and it is on pace with the DS in sales pretty much right now.

We are not getting a thousand Style games and doctor games and whatever else. It is not a casual system.

The 3DS peaked earlier because of the price cut and XL. It won't reach the heights of the DS. You still have the Mario and Luigi games. Those are casual games.

oh dear........

these forums are turning into the n4g comment section

How are we predicting anything spurge? As someone who likes to analyze things and being moderately accurate over the year I dont see how anybody could predict next gen off of lil information we know from the big 3. Other than WiiU having a hard time, brand power, and the reveal of the PS4 we know next to nothing of what this year or the coming years has to offer.

mii-gamer said:
Lawlight said:
spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

oh dear........

these forums are turning into the n4g comment section

Interesting username and avatar you have there...