By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Real question: Will PS4 outsell the 3DS on a regular basis or in the long run?

NintendoPie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

In history no one will care whether the PS2 put up a fight against the DS. They will only care how they did against their direct competition in the Gamecube and Xbox. This is exactly why the PSP was created, much like the Game Gear...to go up again Nintendos dominant handheld and replicate the profit.

It seems as though people will, however. 

I see that I won't change your mind, though. Let's just drop it.

I'll drop it, but personally I believe its just a way of measuring up the probability of a Nintendo product outselling a Sony product regardless of whether they have anything to do with one another.

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Lawlight said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Lawlight said:
The 3DS is a casual system. A lot of parents buy one for each of their kids while the PS consoles are mostly a one-console per household type of system.

Casual system? No

Dude, it's the successor to the DS where games like Nintendogs are the best selling ones.

Just cause a system has big selling casual games doesn't make it casual.  Now if a vast majority of its software was casual then yes.

If you said the Wii/DS I'd agree with you.

Nintendogs on the 3DS is no where near the level it was on the DS, even taking in account its larger userbase.  And the games it has currently definately don't scream "heavy casual".

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I don't think it's as casual as something like the Wii or even the DS, but I do think on the spectrum of consoles it'd fall on the casual half.

The Playstation brand isn't as strong as it once was so no I don't think the PS4 will sell as well as many are hyping.

Around the Network

i still dont see why people consider the ps4 so mighty ...they had a good conference and thats all who knows what will happen next..sony will have a good launch with good games but what happens after no one knows..

I dont see the 3DS selling over 100mil. neither the PS4 its hard to tell until we se proof that the PS4 is really such a beast a cheap beast i hope

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

NEET said:
The Playstation brand isn't as strong as it once was so no I don't think the PS4 will sell as well as many are hyping.

I have to disagree. There's some appaling decisions made by Sony with the PS3 which lead it to not be the leader of this gen. But were it not for the brand, there's no way 75M PS3s would have been sold at such a high price.

kljesta64 said:
i still dont see why people consider the ps4 so mighty ...they had a good conference and thats all who knows what will happen next..sony will have a good launch with good games but what happens after no one knows..

I dont see the 3DS selling over 100mil. neither the PS4 its hard to tell until we se proof that the PS4 is really such a beast a cheap beast i hope

This is the biggest factor in my book.  Could make or break the PS4, I can't honestly predict how it will fare until I know this.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

spurgeonryan said:
Lawlight said:

Really? It was not marketed towards the casual market. Mainly core games are released for it. By core games, I mean games that Casual gamers probably will not care about. The casual games that were released for it, have not done well so far.

Tomodachi, Marios, Luigis and Animal Crossing. All casual games. When a casual buys a Nintendo system, what game do you think s/he buys?

spurgeonryan said:
EricFabian said:
No. 3DS is a beast

In Japan. Where the PS brand is also a beast, and the PS brand is a beast in the West as well. The only thing keeping them from being huge is the 3DS and the 360.

3DS sold 230k last month in america, without pokemon, animal crossing, and super smash brothers. And in the years ahead we will see price drops, new models, new colors, the ds going away leaving the 3ds alone. 3DS will dominate the ps4 easily without a question in my mind, especially considering that 400 is the absolutle lowest the ps4 will be when it debuts.