By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises you used to get excited for but don't anymore...

Final Fantasy.

Around the Network

Bethesda games.

Capcom games.

Sega games (I still look forward to some Sonic games though.)

Metal Gear

Tales of RPGs (Symphonia on Wii kinda lame and I'm not finding Graces interesting. Still have some interest in Xilla, but not excited.)

At this point all I really get excited about is Halo and Gears of War.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Everything, really. I don't get the same excitement from upcoming games that I used to.

For example, I was all kinds of hyped for MGS4. Kept checking up on new artwork and screenshots; speculating on what characters were returning from MGS2, all that kind of stuff. Now, I'm merely a bit "meh" about MGS5. I'll buy it when it comes out.

Same with Final Fantasy (although there wasn't an element of returning characters for that one).

Two of my favourite series of all time (as you can tell by my signature) are SSX & WipEout. There's less to get excited about them for because they're not story driven. As long as they were being developed by Studio Liverpool & EA Canada, I knew they were going to be good games, so I could just look forward to buying them, there wasn't as much hype.

I think I might get a bit excited if they announced a next-gen Ratchet & Clank developed at Insomniac Burbank. Tearaway also got a rise out of me the first time I saw it, but I think new game announcements are different from new entries in series you already liked.

Kirby games-Used to like em, now not so much.

Halo-Series died for me after 3.

Starcraft-2 pissed me off with servers and turning Jim white.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Pokémon   (FireRed was the last one I bought. Awesome game though.)

Sonic   (Started with Sonic Adventure, ended with Sonic Heroes.)

Need For Speed   (Carbon was awesome. Looks like the series went downhill from there.)

Dead Space   (Yeah...)

Around the Network

Final Fantasy.

All except Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Street Fighter. And even then it's mixed feelings.

I would say assassins creed. I used to be excited for them, but I never even bothered to finish 3. The only reason ac has my attention with 4 is that it includes pirates.

SoulCalibur
not a franchise but tennis games

Assassin's Creed
Gears of War
Need For Speed
Gran Turismo