By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises you used to get excited for but don't anymore...

Grant Theft Auto. I loved the top down ones and remember reading magazines and getting the third on launch day and being so excited. Now? Honestly wouldn't care if the series died and have no plans to buy 5, maybe rent it some day down the road, but even that is doubtful. The series simply is no longer fun to me.

Tony Hawk. I adored the first 4 entries and put way too many hours racking up multi-million point combos. The franchise was abused and after 4 my enthusiasm waned to the point I just stopped buying them. I never even played the ones with the skate board controller. I tried the remake on PSN, and it just wasn't even the same going back. Shame.

SSX. Sigh, after the excellent original/tricky this series has never figured out what made it great. The most recent one had all the prospects of return to greatness and some bizarre design choices really killed it. No two player mode? All these death holes? I just want my crazy colorful SSX back, but fear its gone and better to put the series down now.