By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises you used to get excited for but don't anymore...

I don't see myself getting as excited for Pokemon as much as I used to. Same for Mario Kart. After Mario Kart Wii my expectations dropped.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Looks like people have coped on to how dull and repetitive Assassins creed games are. Welcome to 2007.

Final Fantasy and Resident Evil, never again.

Assassin's Creed

Saint's Row

Final Fantasy

Pokemon

I will never again be as excited for any game as I was for Pokémon Gold & Silver when I was 9.

Am I doing it right

Around the Network

Zelda. I managed to bypass TP because the price was never right, though I had intended to get it eventually, but playing Skyward Sword robbed me of any enthusiasm for future releases. I still enjoy the series, but I doubt I'll invest time and money in a new game after seeing where the series's standards are.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Mythmaker1 said:
Zelda. I managed to bypass TP because the price was never right, though I had intended to get it eventually, but playing Skyward Sword robbed me of any enthusiasm for future releases. I still enjoy the series, but I doubt I'll invest time and money in a new game after seeing where the series's standards are.

I think this almost happened to me.  I bought TP for gc and didn't really enjoy it much.. but I told myself it would be better with wii remote.  The friggin price stayed at $50 forever.  Eventually I bought it though and much like skyward sword there are many many parts that are annoying as fuck.. namely the wolf and fi.  But the openness of link to the past, ocarina, and windwaker was about as aparent as it is in a fable game.  The end half of the games are worth it however.  It does get better..  if its any consolation.

There is alot....

Pokemon
Final Fantasy ( though it can redeem itself with versus)
Fallout
Call of duty
Dead Space
Mass Effect

• Final Fantasy
  • God of War
  • Mario Party
  • Resident Evil
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Uncharted
  • Paper Mario
  • Sonic (mainly the 3D ones that I think were all crap after Adventure2, never got excited for the 2Ds)

Just to be clear, some of them still attract my attention enough to the point that I will still want to play/buy them. But they don't get me excited like they used to.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)