By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises you used to get excited for but don't anymore...

Definitely assassin's creed franchise. Beat the first one like two times and platinum the second one, after that, it is hard for me to keep playing the series without getting bored in the first couple of hours.

Around the Network

Ratchet & Clank.

Three years ago, a new R&C announcement would make me think "awesome, another creative, enjoyable and interesting platformer with great characters and storyline!"

Now, it makes me think "hmm, I wonder what gimmicks they've shoved in this time to avoid actually putting any effort into the game".

Hopefully it can still be redeemed, but we've had two lazy cash-ins in a row, and I don't think that's a good sign at all. At best it'll be like Rayman, resurrected after several years of awful spin-offs.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

- Metal Gear
- Silent Hill

All games.

I've found that hyping a game more often than not ends up ruining the experience with unmet, unrealistic expectations not being met. So I've trained myself to be apathetic towards videogames until I actually play them.

Ninja Gaiden (NG3 really messed the whole thing up for me)

Final Fantasy

Spyro

Crash

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Halo - Adored the first two, not impressed by 3, Reach, or 4. However, I did enjoy ODST and Wars.

Battlefield - Trying to be too much like CoD now. Also, the franchise has become dominated by DLC and microtransactions.

Gran Turismo - GT5 was shockingly bad to me.

Street Fighter - Loved SF4, but DLC shenanigans and loads of re-re-re-releases or arcade editions and super editions and super arcade editions made me skip MvsC3 and SFxTekken.

Twisted Metal - My favorite franchise a couple generations ago. The 2012 game was rushed out broken and never properly fixed.

RCTjunkie said:
All games.

I've found that hyping a game more often than not ends up ruining the experience with unmet, unrealistic expectations not being met. So I've trained myself to be apathetic towards videogames until I actually play them.

Basically this.  I do this for movies too.

Pokemon
Final Fantasy
Resident Evil
Tekken

That's just off the top of my head. There's a lot more.

4 ≈ One

Mass Effect.

Street Fighter

Need For Speed

Two great series turned to trash.

I am the Playstation Avenger.