By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Franchises you used to get excited for but don't anymore...

Final Fantasy, Need for Speed, Grand Theft Auto, FIFA, those were good times...

Around the Network

Halo (interested died with 3 but I did play Reach and 4)
Professor Layton (too many games in the series)
Pokemon (one of my favorite franchises growing, have very little interest in playing one ever again)

There are plenty more but those are the big ones.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I used to be excited for EA games -now I loath EA with a passion
I used to be excited for Final Fantasy games - Now I'm more excited with Mistwalker's offerings
I used to be excited for Sonic games - Now I laugh at every sonic game that comes out and cry on the inside

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Halo, GTA, FIFA, Call Of Duty, Battlefield, World of Warcraft. Oh, I almost forogt Need for Speed. As hard as they worked on the Wii U version. Most Wanted and probably every NFS after the real Most Wanted were so.... I don't know, it wasn't motivating at all.

I just don't get too excited about games in general. Not because I don't like playing games (I swear I plowed through all new games I bought and that hasn't happened in a while), but because devs suck at hyping games. They're shown off like 3 months before they release, I can't get hyped much. I think Tomb Raider was the last game that got me hyped. The rest is "Yeah it's coming out, I pre-ordered it, gonna play it when it comes out". I think Metal Gear Solid 5 is keeping me hyped, and that's pretty much because Hideo knows how to make trailers.

Around the Network

probably resident evil games. I've played almost all of them,but I could'nt bother to finish resident evil 6 and I forced myself to finish 5. The franchise has really gone downhill with the co-op angle,in my opinion. If it's more of the same in resident evil 7,then I won't even bother getting the game at all. I used to be all about DMC,but I did'nt even bother getting the last game.

final fantasy.....

resident evil....

silent hil....

Assassin's Creed

....Ratchet and Clank ( I will get excited when Insomniac Games stop bringing out those lame spin-offs)

Final Fantasy, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia.

Devil May Cry - The fanbase caused this one. 3 years of nothing but flame wars, trolling, and negativity has left me sour to the entire franchise. Add that to the fact I didn't particularly enjoy DmC... and I'm of the opinion "I don't care anymore".

Gears of War - Dialogue still kicks ass. The fact that I'm doing essentially the same thing 8 years later in terms of gameplay with some refinements? Not so much. I'm all for sticking to the core formula, but come on now, let's see a little creativity once in a while.

They can't be stopped...