By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you live in fear of the Mods? Does Micro-management have to end on the Chartz? Come join Banned Anonymous and learn the 12 step process to never be banned again!

Scisca said:
I think the modes here are ridiculous. I just got a ban for this post in a topic about the lenght of TW101:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5312787

This is just pitiful. No wonder MUGEN left this site because of the mods.

Achievements and Trophies? Hmm. They have nothing to do with Wii U. They have nothing to do with the game. They have nothing to do with NIntendo.

And then the sarcastic "Oh wait..." just sounds like a rewording of "Ha, you guys dont have trophies or achievements!"

Im guessing thats why you recieved a moderation.

Around the Network

I only fear Smeags.. his sexiness rivals mine.. otherwise no.. i think being awesome repels mod powers..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Carl2291 said:
Scisca said:
I think the modes here are ridiculous. I just got a ban for this post in a topic about the lenght of TW101:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5312787

This is just pitiful. No wonder MUGEN left this site because of the mods.

Achievements and Trophies? Hmm. They have nothing to do with Wii U. They have nothing to do with the game. They have nothing to do with NIntendo.

And then the sarcastic "Oh wait..." just sounds like a rewording of "Ha, you guys dont have trophies or achievements!"

Im guessing thats why you recieved a moderation.

Oh yes they do. The topic is about the short lenght of the game and trophies/achievements are a known way of extending that. And as far as I know there was supposed to be some kind of a dumbed down trophies system on Wii U. Pointing out the lack of it in such a topic is not a reason to get a ban. I got it because Khan loves his Nintendo too much and it influences his work as a mod. Unprofessional to say the least.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Actually the only way to avoid mods is to agree with everyone. This is a sure-fire way to kill the forum as I've seen it happen numerous times with larger forums, but we can't all expect mods to be educated to a university standard and exercise non-biased decisions for free.

I actually think the mod team isn't nearly strict enough. In most forums, a thread like this would be locked immediately and the thread creator would be warned or severely banned. I mean, cmon. A thread whining about the mod team on the front page of the site? It's especially dreadful when it comes from someone who is so entitled, petulant, and annoying.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

I actually think the mod team isn't nearly strict enough. In most forums, a thread like this would be locked immediately and the thread creator would be warned or severely banned. I mean, cmon. A thread whining about the mod team on the front page of the site? It's especially dreadful when it comes from someone who is so entitled, petulant, and annoying.

I agree entirely. There's plenty of other threads open as well, and people seem to be happy to complain without actually doing something to prevent the problem in the first place.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

MontanaHatchet said:

I actually like that these kind of threads can go up, hate when mods seem to turn things into more of a police state than a forum.  Mods need to have thicker skin than the average forum goer and be able to take a bit of abuse and whining every now and then.  I'd agree there should be a line at some point but I don't think a goofy little joke thread like this should be that line.  

Torillian said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I actually like that these kind of threads can go up, hate when mods seem to turn things into more of a police state than a forum.  Mods need to have thicker skin than the average forum goer and be able to take a bit of abuse and whining every now and then.  I'd agree there should be a line at some point but I don't think a goofy little joke thread like this should be that line.  

I wouldn't even mind it so much if it was productive and intelligent criticism. Instead, it's just more sarcastic, passive aggressive whining. Not exactly accomplishing much to have a thread like this around. It also doesn't help the image of the site to have a thread like this on  the very front page.

MontanaHatchet said:

The mods have actually gotten better since you left. I've noticed many more speedy banning(s) and the mods being more in touch with the community. I think this site has gotten better. (Mod-wise, at least...)

Wow this turned from lawlzies to internet drama. :P Internet drama is exactly what we need! /opens bag of popcorn.