By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you live in fear of the Mods? Does Micro-management have to end on the Chartz? Come join Banned Anonymous and learn the 12 step process to never be banned again!

I actually like the Mod team on this site for the most part. They seem laid back to me, and typically the only time I see them posting is when they're merely joining in regular conversation.

There are only a select few instigators on this forum... everyone already knows who they are.

VGChartz is a fun place to browse, read, and occasionally post. Whether it be sales, the latest interesting things to happen in the games industry, or something else entirely. I continue to enjoy my time here.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network

Not at all. Usual suspects reported me sometimes but mods didn't even write me. I have no problems with them but some bans are laughable, I think. Seems some users here are reporting to mods frequently.

ManusJustus said:
I was once permabanned once for telling a mod he was wrong for celebrating the closure of a studio he didn't like. My ban was dropped, I guess, and I don't see that mod anymore.

You remember who it was?

I'm not afraid of the mods, i have no reason to be afraid

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I'll ban myself if I ever get tired of users on this site. Gotten 1 warning, 1 wrist slap, and 1 user requested ban. Almost felt like permabanning myself from this site a month or two ago.

Around the Network

I don't live in fear of the mods.

I say and do whatever the heck I please.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Avoid bans through:

Passive aggressive behavior
Veiled insults
If you say something sucks, it's okay so long as you justify it. (Just don't do it repeatedly)
Report the person who reported you. Tends to offset in most circumstances.

Or you can just be a nice person and say positive and/or constructive things. This is much harder than it should be for some reason.

dsgrue3 said:
Avoid bans through:

Passive aggressive behavior
Veiled insults
If you say something sucks, it's okay so long as you justify it. (Just don't do it repeatedly)
Report the person who reported you. Tends to offset in most circumstances.

Or you can just be a nice person and say positive and/or constructive things. This is much harder than it should be for some reason.

"l2read"? grammar nazi? :) no offense but your tone is sometimes very offensive in threads and i don't get why you do this at all. 

walsufnir said:

"l2read"? grammar nazi? :) no offense but your tone is sometimes very offensive in threads and i don't get why you do this at all. 

Lol, if you think there is an issue feel free to report me. But when people continually put words in my mouth, I think a bit of condescension is warranted. I corrected the OP's typo, which he corrected and never said a word to me about it. If he didn't care why do you? 

dsgrue3 said:
walsufnir said:

Lol, if you think there is an issue feel free to report me. But when people continually put words in my mouth, I think a bit of condescension is warranted. I corrected the OP's typo, which he corrected and never said a word to me about it. If he didn't care why do you? 

It is one thing to post in a way that's bannable or worth for a warning but keeping a calm tone is also welcome, of course. I know some people keep a distant and slightly insulting tone to seem objective but to help discussions not getting too personal it would be better to keep out "l2read" and other lecturing comments. Why do you even tell people they should l2read? Of course they can - if they didn't understand it, show them their failures in a calm way and everyone will be happy :)

I only reported a person one time and I think a community has the possibility to have better discussions on their own instead of crying for mommy if someone kicks your sand castle.