By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you live in fear of the Mods? Does Micro-management have to end on the Chartz? Come join Banned Anonymous and learn the 12 step process to never be banned again!

BTW, why would one fear anybody on the internet unless he/she is a serial killer that knows your daily routines and where you live?

My 9mm is waiting BTW, whoever you are!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I actually think the mod team isn't nearly strict enough. In most forums, a thread like this would be locked immediately and the thread creator would be warned or severely banned. I mean, cmon. A thread whining about the mod team on the front page of the site? It's especially dreadful when it comes from someone who is so entitled, petulant, and annoying.

I agree entirely. There's plenty of other threads open as well, and people seem to be happy to complain without actually doing something to prevent the problem in the first place.

But who moderates the mods? That's the issue here. If some mods aren't fair in their decisions, what then?

MontanaHatchet said:

I actually think the mod team isn't nearly strict enough. In most forums, a thread like this would be locked immediately and the thread creator would be warned or severely banned. I mean, cmon. A thread whining about the mod team on the front page of the site? It's especially dreadful when it comes from someone who is so entitled, petulant, and annoying.

Not sure if you read the OP but it looks more like a joke than anything even remotely serious.

Mazty said:
Conegamer said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I agree entirely. There's plenty of other threads open as well, and people seem to be happy to complain without actually doing something to prevent the problem in the first place.

But who moderates the mods? That's the issue here. If some mods aren't fair in their decisions, what then?

The head moderator? And he is moderated by both the owners of the site and the community.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Mazty said:
Conegamer said:
MontanaHatchet said:

The head moderator? And he is moderated by both the owners of the site and the community.

The head is rarely on and as of late really doesnt seem to give a fuck about the site as he is rarely on, rarely interacts with the community and has been acting incredibly unprofessionally. 

Does anyone really care enough to mod them or, and this is the one I'm betting on, are they just left to their own devices? I've seen many sites bomb due to apathetic mods who would rather throw out bans all around then deal maturely and professionally with an issue and I don't think this forum has a long way to go before it's traffic is low enough to warrant closing it.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
amp316 said:
I don't live in fear of the mods.

I say and do whatever the heck I please.

same here.

for me it doesnt always work for some reason.  hey ho..

Heh.  I just looked at your profile and noticed that I've never banned you.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Yeah, I live in fear of mods.sometimes I think I could find another name

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
That is weird but I think that because I never reported you @kowen .

PS. What I said is true... I never reported anybody in VGCs... just some reports about dup threads but that is to lock the thread and not the ban.

Don't worry, there are plenty of other people doing that on a very regular basis. 

This is why I am always so shocked when you don't win the VGC most popular user contest.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!